The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's the moving ground rumours that are unsettling. If any debt on the new ground ends up being attached to the club then we should forget it as we'll be fucked for all eternity. Will the sale of Starks generate enough to pay the mortgage and the new ground? Almost certainly not. Therefore, it needs to be clear exactly how it's going to be financed. 

Ground sharing is a complete nightmare for gate receipts so you also need to factor in a big reduction there as well while the new stadium is being built. 

Edited by Michael W

Nothing in the FFP about moving ground. Sim saying an artificial pitch will raise revenue. Can't see it. Where is there to park/ get changed etc ? Surely the cost of laying it and adapting SP to accommodate it would be far higher than the income generated?

He'd be better spending time getting a team of new directors together with some hunger / business acumen and contacts / ideas to raise the club's income.

57 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Mario Caira has had plenty out of the club for his investment. 

Whatever Mario Caira has got out of the club, it's nowhere near what he has put in. A man that has always put his money into the Rovers when they have needed it. 

What would people's opinions be on the club moving out of Kirkcaldy and relocating to Glenrothes?

Edited to add: Do you think our attendances would increase or decrease with a dramatic move such as this?

Edited by Toddy

Quite the turn of events if Kevin McHattie buys Raith.  

Bit of an Anelka scenario. Right lads here's £200k. Now I'm the manager and I also want to play No.10 and have Socrates printed on the back of my top. And it has to be a Brazil top. And I want a Brazilian band, and some tidy women in those feathery headgear. And I want the stadium named after my dead cat, so that'll be the Puss Stadium. No, that doesn't sound right, let's call it the Fantastic Pussy Stadium. And I want pictures on the seats in the North and South Stand to make up giant photos of my dead cat. And I want to change our colours to red, yellow and blue like Romania. And I want anything else I want. And I want to get pished before giving any interviews to the media. And I want to sign Pavel Nedved. What do you mean he's 50?!!! Get him signed!!! We should also get a woman manager to keep our fans happy. Make it happen!!!

Those are my initial demands when I win the lottery.

Basically, I'll be Romanov on acid.

What would people's opinions be on the club moving out of Kirkcaldy and relocating to Glenrothes?
Edited to add: Do you think our attendances would increase or decrease with a dramatic move such as this 

Are you a Fife Council member?

In an ideal world the club would build a new ground in a better location that has no end of facilities that will generate income year round. 

Selling our own ground then trying to put that together is not the way forward, We are effectively making ourselves homeless and then relying on f**k knows who to get this done. That's before the likes of the council get involved and f**k things up even more or find the land or consider things like public transport.

Realistically if the club were to move its going to take about 5 to 10 years to organise and get the funds in place.

If i won the lottery I wouldn't buy the rovers as clubs are a money pit and hugely inefficient at this level but I would buy Starks park so they always had somewhere to play.

Edited by pub car king
Fucktardedness

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Are you a Fife Council member?

No not at all. Just with the rumour of Sim looking to build a new stadium, where would you put one in Kirkcaldy?  

The main reason for asking though is our attendances stay the same year on year with a group of regulars and I'm just thinking outside the box on trying to increase attendances. Trying to gauge people's opinion on whether it would be a possibility or not that's all.

Nothing in the FFP about moving ground. Sim saying an artificial pitch will raise revenue. Can't see it. Where is there to park/ get changed etc ? Surely the cost of laying it and adapting SP to accommodate it would be far higher than the income generated?

Im sure it's about half a million for 5 years. The cost for maintaining the pitch per season with the drainage problems etc are between £60-£70k I've heard (assuming everything's included in that cost wages etc). New lighting would need installed, new staff to manage it for public use, parking issues as previously mentioned and the fact that there are already 3 perfectly good astro pitches in KDY, pitches and other facilities in Michael Woods as well as Burntisland and others around Fife.

The thought of leaving the San Starko makes me sad [emoji20]

Why? Our facilities are pre-historic. Stadium is too big and falling to bits, hospitality facilities are shocking, no atmosphere unless there's more than 4,000 fans, no room for growth in surrounding area and an embarrassing railway stand with no seats in it.

Michael W raises a good point regarding moving stadium, but let's look at positive outcomes from clubs that have done the same thing. Hamilton and Falkirk have excellent and modern facilities that generate income on their own before a ball is even kicked. Starks Park is a single purpose stadium that sits empty for the majority of the year.

Edited to add: Do you think our attendances would increase or decrease with a dramatic move such as this?

If they decide to take the club out of Kirkcaldy, that'll be it for me. I'm Kirkcaldy born and bred and Raith Rovers are a Kirkcaldy club. I've used the word 3 times. Slate me If you want for loving my town. But we MUST stay here. Plus Glenrothes is an utter cowp.

No not at all. Just with the rumour of Sim looking to build a new stadium, where would you put one in Kirkcaldy?  

The land in between the Gallatown and the Boreland. Perfect for commuting and easy links to the motorway.

The main reason for asking though is our attendances stay the same year on year with a group of regulars and I'm just thinking outside the box on trying to increase attendances. Trying to gauge people's opinion on whether it would be a possibility or not that's all.

There'll be a Fife Council Plan somewhere which will note which areas of land near Kirkcaldy are marked for development and what kinds of development they are marked for. There was a plan, about 15 years ago, to develop an area between Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy into a leisure park. That would be the place to put the stadium. But that's all a bit legoland.

Apart from where the stadium is currently sited, the only sizeable bit of brownfield land I can think of is the bit off Victoria Road by the Lino factory.

13 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The land in between the Gallatown and the Boreland. Perfect for commuting and easy links to the motorway.

Is that where the playing fields are next to the Randolph industrial estate? The land across from the playing fields was owned by the David Murray group ( as far as I was aware ) and isn't that bring turned into houses now? 

50 minutes ago, Toddy said:

We're a Kirkcaldy club, our history, our identity is there. We'd be as well moving the club to the dark side of the moon as moving to another town.

Can't say I'm keen on a stadium move either... having endured visits to several soulless breeze block places in the late nineties, early noughties, when it was all the rage to have one.

However, IF it was done in a similar way to Falkirk's redevelopment (would a portion of external funding from Fife Council / Sports and Leisure Trust be realistic? I'm not sure) it would certainly be a sensible way of helping to restructure our business model to help generate potential addition revenue and placing ourselves at the heart of community events and facilities. Is this realistic or achieveable? I don't know. My concern would be that we may have missed the boat, financially, for funding this type of thing - both in terms of the property market and external funding. Falkirk probably got their timing spot on, for both - selling their ground at the right time pigging backing onto major funding / development in the area.

I don't know what the answer is. However, I expect that at some point in the future we will have to move elsewhere to survive - repair and maintenance vs income.