The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't know the significance but one Pattra Suttisathiranon was appointed a director of New Raith Rovers in April. Looks to be John Sim's missus.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC293062/filing-history

Having looked at this in a little more detail, my best guess would be that John Sim and Ms Suttisathiranon have bought the shares previously held by Turnbull Hutton's estate. It'd give them ~20% of the shareholding, and would explain the appointment of both to the board since the turn of the year. 

Edit: Hadn't factored in Sim's existing shares held through NRR Investments Ltd. It could just be that he's been appointed to the board based on that alone, but if we speculate that the above may be true, it would give Sim ~37% of the shareholding, more than anyone else, including Mario Caira who currently holds ~29% when you factor in MC Leisure Ltd's shares as well as his own. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

I do believe that Turnbull's wife won't let Sim anywhere near the shares. Trouble is Sim wants a controlling interest at Stark's and has also talked to Mario. If Mario feels it's the time to sell I truly hope it's to Penman, because if it's to Sim the budget will be reduced to almost nil.

Dangerous times ahead.

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I do believe that Turnbull's wife won't let Sim anywhere near the shares. Trouble is Sim wants a controlling interest at Stark's and has also talked to Mario. If Mario feels it's the time to sell I truly hope it's to Penman, because if it's to Sim the budget will be reduced to almost nil.

Dangerous times ahead.

What's bugging me is that surely, the budget for this season is set, why dick around with Smith now, only 4 weeks from the start of the season?

Maybe sim is protecting his investment and wants overall control off stadium revenues. This would include hospitality, catering and perhaps future 4G rentals.
The club is not going to generate enough money in league 1 so surely promotion is in his best interests too

Also was speaking to Jason Thomson tonight and he tells me that mchattie is still training with us and is looking to win a contract with us

No thank you! Thought he'd be at Cowden by now on his inevitable journey to the Juniors.

I spoke with Penman today and it's got nothing to do with him. Not sure about Sim. He's a bit of an odd one but he'll shake up the current cosy board set up and that can't be a bad thing. To a man they offer us nothing going forward.

Can you ask him to change the font on the South Stand please.

Apparently no hospitality next season the Raith Suite being opened on match days for anyone who wants a pre match pint or three.  Regarding Mr Penman he alledgedly offered RRFC £250,000 two board members resigned not sure if true.  Regards who owns Starks, yes John Sim is one but there are another one or two in that consortium Mario and the late Turnball's estate not unless it has been sold on.  This is getting as interesting as watch a stupid soap.  So apparently we will all be enlightened some time in the near future.  I don't think I'll hold my breath.:o

What an operation we are. Not even offering hospitality is absolutely ridiculous.

Any sort of change of ownership or boardroom shake up carries an element of risk but considering how poorly we seem to be running things just now it's a risk I'd be willing to take.

What has the current board done regarding the stadium! It's poorly run on a commercial bases right away! I know it requires funds but make a bar/pub open to all fans including serving meals it's too exclusive i.e. 200 club, Jim McMillan club. We should be pulling all fans groups together into one main club with all resources coming together. Rovers are to a small club to have so many factions. Hate to say it but Dunfermline appear to have there heads screwed on regarding this side of the business and you see why we are times are classed as a wee team.

Im for Sim coming in and trying to improve things even if he receives any profit well good luck to him but it could encourage more punters through the gate with a better match day experience.

what has the current board done to improve/encourage the match day experience nothing imo, what they have done is reduce a healthy season ticket fan base from 1200 to 650 with poor decisions and constant criticism of there customers plain and simple. 

#FanGirl

Penman moving back to Kirkcaldy is fairly well documented. Also heard a couple months back he was interested so would assume this is the change that could happen.

If someone wants to plow money into the club that would be good so long as it doesn't jeopardise the long term future of the club. Unfortunately the last time we had proper regime change came because of Claude and what was going on at the time. Not something I wish to see happen again.

Penman now retired doesn't have to spend his time abroad to avoid tax. This could be his retirement toy.

We're we not told by a director that on a match night it costs £400 to run the floodlights ? There would be no money to be made at that price. Giving up the sports centre may mean losing the other facilities available to them. I could be wrong but I believe a chunk of hospitality money goes to the guy who owns the gilvenbank does it not. He deals with the hospitality side of it. I have always said we needed a decent place in the ground for fans both home and away to visit prior to the match. The current board were scared that setting something up like this would upset the local pubs and restaurants who are sponsors of the CLUB.