The New Raith Rovers Thread

Callachan and Matthews similar players? Come on, people.

Matthews is a #baller, incidentally. He'll go onto be a solid Premiership/top end Championship type player. Half expected McKinnon to sign him last year.

Callachan? I'd like to see him stay. His constant pings are infuriating and I keep waiting on composure in the pass that at this stage I don't think will ever arrive. But he's quick, hard-working, covers a lot of ground and gets involved in some good moves. Don't underestimate the importance of a forward runner from the middle of the park (like Grant Murray did) - I don't see another player in our squad that's capable of it.

I do understand the overwhelming majority of the 'magnificent team' stuff is winding up our intellectual Fife cousins but I think some of our fans need a reality check regarding fees for players if bids come in, the level of player we can attract and, incredibly, the fact that James Craigen is quite obviously too good for this level.

Callachan and Matthews similar players? Come on, people.

Matthews is a #baller, incidentally. He'll go onto be a solid Premiership/top end Championship type player. Half expected McKinnon to sign him last year.

Callachan? I'd like to see him stay. His constant pings are infuriating and I keep waiting on composure in the pass that at this stage I don't think will ever arrive. But he's quick, hard-working, covers a lot of ground and gets involved in some good moves. Don't underestimate the importance of a forward runner from the middle of the park (like Grant Murray did) - I don't see another player in our squad that's capable of it.

I do understand the overwhelming majority of the 'magnificent team' stuff is winding up our intellectual Fife cousins but I think some of our fans need a reality check regarding fees for players if bids come in, the level of player we can attract and, incredibly, the fact that James Craigen is quite obviously too good for this level.

Callachan...quick?! ????

Barry Smith, Craig Easton and three of the players were at the Race for Life this morning.

My niece informed me that Craig Easton did the 5k in 13 minutes. Impressive.

Mr Critical here but I don't believe he did it in 13 minutes...

If that's true he's beaten the female world record for 5km [emoji848]

The world record for a 5k is something like  12 mins 50 seconds so if that's true, I'd be getting him in the first team!

I did think that was pretty fucking quick. Don't think Louise had a stopwatch going, but she seemed pretty sure it was 13 minutes.

And I did ask for confirmation that she said 13 rather than 30.

Mr Critical here but I don't believe he did it in 13 minutes...

If that's true he's beaten the female world record for 5km [emoji848]

How dare you doubt my niece! Aye, she's probably got mixed up. What's the average time to run 5k?

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Your point was that people lose their shit when we lose a player brought through the youth system. When did we lose Vaughan?

My point about Vaughan is that when he got loaned out to Dumbarton people lost their shit saying funding the development squad is a waste if we are just going to loan out our players which I agree with, but whats the point in bringing a player through the development squad, developing him into a first team regular and then letting him leave for a low fee with no realistic replacement that is as good as them? Callachan, just like Bates and Vaughan, came through the youth system that the fans help fund so why should it be acceptable to let him leave for a low fee just because he has played more games? 

3 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

There is that too but Lennox wasn't even with us at the end of last season!

He was at all of the games including the play off games against Brechin, oh and he sat behind you at the player of the year dinner.