The New Raith Rovers Thread

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:26, SuperHans said:

Space Cadet Tazz reporting for duty

You really post some total pish on this forum ? You might be better trying the dating websites  , honest ,you might find love out there ?

Which teams will we have a smaller budget than?

Raith will most likely have the biggest budget but Ayr won't be far behind. I have no idea about what your players are earning but I'd imagine that a lot of your budget will have gone on Spence and Buchanan.

It's a gamble even though they're two of the best strikers in this league as the rest of your squad may be weaker in areas. Considering you've still got a few players to sign it may have been wiser to sign just one of those strikers and invest in other areas.

A prime example was us last year. McCall blew most of our budget on Harkins when he could've easily signed 2 or 3 other players that may have helped us stay up.

5 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Raith will most likely have the biggest budget but Ayr won't be far behind. I have no idea about what your players are earning but I'd imagine that a lot of your budget will have gone on Spence and Buchanan.

It's a gamble even though they're two of the best strikers in this league as the rest of your squad may be weaker in areas. Considering you've still got a few players to sign it may have been wiser to sign just one of those strikers and invest in other areas.

A prime example was us last year. McCall blew most of our budget on Harkins when he could've easily signed 2 or 3 other players that may have helped us stay up.

We had Gary Locke at the helm last season. 

We know all about the perils of a budget spunked on ineffective players.

We had Gary Locke at the helm last season. 
We know all about the perils of a budget spunked on ineffective players.

A nice wee squad developing up the coast. Be scared numpties.
You taking our manager looks like a bit of a blessing. Our new guy.. up and coming.. your guy.. yesterday's man.
Buchanan.. good. But not that good!

If the spurious claims that we're paying Buchanan £900 pw are to be believed then you can say that a large part of the budget is gone.

Never ceases to amaze me that football player wages seem to get easily floated about by fans of the clubs. Let's be honest, it was a claim by a Livi fan who's trying to justify why their top scorer left the club.

We'll sign additional players. Usually managers will come out to the press moaning about the lack of a budget remaining.

Never ceases to amaze me that football player wages seem to get easily floated about by fans of the clubs. Let's be honest, it was a claim by a Livi fan who's trying to justify why their top scorer left the club.

We'll sign additional players. Usually managers will come out to the press moaning about the lack of a budget remaining.

I'm a bit gullible though. But I seriously don't believe it's possible to be paying that much. I know we have to tighten the budget, it's only natural when you drop down the league. I'm sure Smith has his targets and I'm sure the loan system will come into effect. We have a healthy youth system and we really do need to use them this season. It worked for Falkirk, it might just work for us.

If the spurious claims that we're paying Buchanan £900 pw are to be believed then you can say that a large part of the budget is gone.

If (IF) we can afford to pay players £900 a week, then that would suggest to me we have a budget bigger than most - if not all - teams in this league.

I'm assuming you are basing your argument on budget remaining rather than overall budget?

Would the pars actually pay a fee for him. Don't think so.

It wouldn't take much. Chairman said in his first interview after we were relegated we're not in a position to stand in a players way if they want to leave. I'm sure Dunfermline could have him if they wanted. They've got bigger stands for him to hit row z at least.