The New Raith Rovers Thread

Why all this negativity? Bollan doesn't bother me in the slightest. Great playing career, his managerial statistics and experience is better than other names thrown about in the last few weeks and as for his inability to develop the young players, that's what Craig Easton is there for.

I think we need to have a bit of a reality check here. What are you expecting?? We don't have the budget to be brining big names, we are in League 1 so our position is hardly attractive to someone like Paul Hartley or Danny Lennon and quite frankly we are in a fortunate position where we can pick from teams in a lower position than us.

I'd love to see what everyone was saying when we appointed McKinnon. The Brechin manager who had less of a win ratio and experience than Bollan, Campbell and roughly on par with Young.

Let's not be too quick to jump the gun for a change.

9 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Paul Hartley or Danny Lennon

They are outwith jobs, can they really sit and wait for the 'right' managerial position to come up. They might see it as a good challenge to get us promoted.

Why all this negativity? Bollan doesn't bother me in the slightest. Great playing career, his managerial statistics and experience is better than other names thrown about in the last few weeks and as for his inability to develop the young players, that's what Craig Easton is there for.

I think we need to have a bit of a reality check here. What are you expecting?? We don't have the budget to be brining big names, we are in League 1 so our position is hardly attractive to someone like Paul Hartley or Danny Lennon and quite frankly we are in a fortunate position where we can pick from teams in a lower position than us.

I'd love to see what everyone was saying when we appointed McKinnon. The Brechin manager who had less of a win ratio and experience than Bollan, Campbell and roughly on par with Young.

Let's not be too quick to jump the gun for a change.

Why would Danny Lennon command a high wage? He's jobless and been unsuccessful in his most recent jobs.

I'm not saying he's the right appointment at all but to claim he's too good or expensive for Raith is wrong, IMO.

They are outwith jobs, can they really sit and wait for the 'right' managerial position to come up. They might see it as a good challenge to get us promoted.

First of all, Paul Hartley will likely be looking at a better move possibly down south or continue at the level he was at for Dundee. To think that he would risk his managerial career to drop from the Prem to League 1 to a team with as low a budget as we have compared to what he's used to is delusional.

Why would Danny Lennon command a high wage? He's jobless and been unsuccessful in his most recent jobs.

I'm not saying he's the right appointment at all but to claim he's too good or expensive for Raith is wrong, IMO.

And with regards to both of your points. Who's to say that they want the job? We can't just pluck names out of a hat and expect them to jump at our beckoning call.

And with regards to both of your points. Who's to say that want the job? We can't just pluck names out of a hat and expect them to jump at our beckoning call.

That's my point, why wouldn't he want it? He's a more than realistic target who's currently jobless with his last two gigs being Alloa and Airdrie.

Fair enough Hartley probably isn't interested but I'm sure Lennon would be, unless he's stated otherwise.

Again though, I think he'd be a shite appointment.

That's my point, why wouldn't he want it? He's a more than realistic target who's currently jobless with his last two gigs being Alloa and Airdrie.

Fair enough Hartley probably isn't interested but I'm sure Lennon would be, unless he's stated otherwise.

Again though, I think he'd be a shite appointment.

Well either the board are of the same opinion as you or he's not interested in the job. It's not for us to say how long he wants to be out of football for or what his personal situation is.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he'd be a shite appointment though. I think St Mirrens collapse, since he was let go, from their highest ever league finish shows just how good a job he was doing there.

Got to say I am annoyed that the board didn't make a serious move for Aitken.  Its probably between Bollan,Young and maybe Lennon.  If thats the case then I don't see how Lennon isn't the best man for the job.

I personally don't see how Bollan fits into this 5 year plan.  In his defense didn't the livi team that won back to back titles have a squad full of young talent like mcnulty, scougall, watson etc.

I pray and hope that it is someone like Danny Lennon but I think it'll be between Young and Bollan......just need to decide if we take a gamble on inexperience. 

I am in the " Better the Devil you know" camp regarding Bollan.

lf you are looking for a dynamic, animated, charismatic Manager in the dugout it ain't him. If, however, you are looking for a dour  character from the Jim McLean school of charm, then he is your man.

He would probably get you up at first time of asking and probably keep you up but it's not great to watch.

All I'm looking for is a quick decision! 

29 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Bollan would be an absolutely horrific appointment, the Airdire fans hated him, Forfar fans don't seem keen at all after them blowing a huge lead.

That said, I am glad Dick is staying put.

Absolute rubbish...GB will be a great appointment for Raith....now piss off back to yer boat!!

6 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Got to say I am annoyed that the board didn't make a serious move for Aitken.  Its probably between Bollan,Young and maybe Lennon.  If thats the case then I don't see how Lennon isn't the best man for the job.

I personally don't see how Bollan fits into this 5 year plan.  In his defense didn't the livi team that won back to back titles have a squad full of young talent like mcnulty, scougall, watson etc.

I pray and hope that it is someone like Danny Lennon but I think it'll be between Young and Bollan......just need to decide if we take a gamble on inexperience. 

Lennon's applied for the post twice so I guess he won't be applying a third time. It'll be up to the board to make a move for him.

Lennon's applied for the post twice so I guess he won't be applying a third time. It'll be up to the board to make a move for him.

Did we invite applications this time around, or did we seek out candidates we wanted?

Bollan is a bit meh. Bottled that league, and even when there were winning it was 3-2, 4-3 score lines. I read a couple of Forfar match threads towards the end of this season, a few complaints about players being left out and players being played out of position. That said, given the budget, I think he'd do fine.

Have to say I'm not inspired at all by Drysdale's comments. In fact i'm worried. Why has it taken for the disaster of last season for the board to think "hmm we really should have some sort of club strategy in place...". It shows a complete lack of leadership and direction and we have to question what exactly is the point of several of the board members? 

Drysdale is the CEO (why a League 1 club need a CEO I still don't know) and is apparently there because he is an experienced "club administrator" yet made numerous mistakes last season that directly led to the relegation. Any other "CEO" who had led his business to such a disastrous year would have been sacked already or had the grace to resign. Drysdale though has his sights very much on getting a good seat at the top of the SPFL.

We have a complete lack of marketing strategy and our commercial operation is a joke. Do we actually have anyone of our board who has experience of growing a business and making the necessary decisions required? I don't think we do. Instead it appears the only requirement is to be a "life long fan" in which case there's about 1,500 people sitting in the South and Main Stands who would be equally as qualified. 

The board still haven't admitted Locke was a mistake when the rest of Scottish football were laughing at us and we are now supposed to trust them that'll make it all better? I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in that board.