The New Raith Rovers Thread

If it wasn't for the incompetence at ours of Locke (and Yogis great team building) Aitkens side would have been relegated this season, I think he did exceptionally well at Stranraer but narrowly avoiding relegation aside he's been no great shakes at Sons. All the best to you and him for next season but tbh I still don't fancy him as the next manager.

What exactly should he be doing except avoiding relegation. Aitken would do me nicely.

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

What exactly should he be doing except avoiding relegation. Aitken would do me nicely.

At the end of the day he did right enough, but only just and he got a massive helping hand from RRFC in achieving it.

Answer this, if we'd amassed 1 single more point (eg if Hughes had Vaughan at his disposal instead of Aitken having his 5 goals) then Dumbarton would almost certainly have been in the play offs spot and possibly relegated, given that Hughes was always leaving so we were always going to be looking for a new manager at this point.

If the above had happened would you still be touting Steve Aitken as a great manager and the ideal choice?

I know it's if's and buts, even so I genuinely don't think Aitken has it, Sons fans were crucifying him earlier in the season.

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

If we were not in the EU how could we justify prest for a permit. Lol

But we are in the EU for at least another year so your point is?

At the end of the day he did right enough, but only just and he got a massive helping hand from RRFC in achieving it.
Answer this, if we'd amassed 1 single more point (eg if Hughes had Vaughan at his disposal instead of Aitken having his 5 goals) then Dumbarton would almost certainly have been in the play offs spot and possibly relegated, given that Hughes was always leaving so we were always going to be looking for a new manager at this point.
If the above had happened would you still be touting Steve Aitken as a great manager and the ideal choice?

I know it's if's and buts, even so I genuinely don't think Aitken has it, Sons fans were crucifying him earlier in the season.

I get what you're saying, and I know you've accepted its if's and buts, but genuinely you could say that about anything. If such and such...

At the end of the day, Aitken has achieved his goal (with a slight bit to spare) of keeping us, the smallest team in the championship, up. He's a young manager, keen and has a decent reputation which is growing.

That's undoubtedly success, but I'm not sure what you're looking for in your new manager if that isn't enough. And you are now a League One club to be fair (not a dig at all) so not sure there's a huge list of much better candidates to be honest.