The New Raith Rovers Thread

Am I being whooshed here? Has sir dick Campbell been even almost by rumour confirmed?

Re: the Dick Campbell rumours, can anyone who has heard this rumour (other than on here) give any indication of where they heard it? The first mention of him I saw, in terms of an interview, was from a poster on Fantalk and I assumed it was a windup. Did the story snowball from there or has anyone ITK heard anything about him from a more direct source? 
I think the job could feasibly go to any of the credible candidates that have been mentioned here. Our board have tried various "types" of manager in the past and their decision making style has varied from astute to bonkers.

I can absolutely confirm that Campbell is getting interviewed but is extremely unlikely to happen due to him not going full time. Can't confirm my source but it's as good as from the horse's mouth.

Another source who knows the coaching team of Darren Young said he'd love the job but they thought that Easton either wanted it or was going to be offered it so weren't that confident. If Easton decides or has decided it's not for him then Young is very much in the frame. Clyde are apparently also after him though or they might just give it to Stark. From what I'm told Young is a good coach but wouldn't be anywhere near as effective without Stark.

Just now, Beastie Russell said:

I prefer a fast counter attack then tippy tappy stuff

I like wingers taking on the full back and putting balls in for the strikers.

What I like most though, is my team winning games. Since Rovers' objective next season is to win the league - nothing more or less - they should appoint the guy best equipped to do that It doesn't really matter if everyone thinks you play entertaining stuff if you're staying in the seaside league. Unless it's going to add thousands onto the gate.

Not even Aitken?

Aitken has kept Dumbarton up in the championship so give him his dues( although, I'm giving full credit to Gary Locke for keeping Dumbarton up this season). We need to win league 1 so we need a manager that's had experience of winning a league before whether it's League 1 or League 2 IMO

I'd take Dick Campbell over Darren Young any day of the week.

As for Ellis, that won't go down too well surely? People have been shooting down the thought of Easton all week as lack of experience etc. Ellis is exactly the same.

I just want us to make the right choice, someone who's going to win the league next season as failure to do so will end Raith Rovers' ambitions of remaining as a full time club. We also need to make it quick so we can start preparing for next season. Pre-season starts 4 weeks on Monday I'm sure. Contracts all run out a week on Monday as well. So we'll need to give the new manager time to speak to the players before then to see if he wants to keep any of the squad..before teams start snapping them up from League 2..

2 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I can absolutely confirm that Campbell is getting interviewed but is extremely unlikely to happen due to him not going full time. Can't confirm my source but it's as good as from the horse's mouth.

Another source who knows the coaching team of Darren Young said he'd love the job but they thought that Easton either wanted it or was going to be offered it so weren't that confident. If Easton decides or has decided it's not for him then Young is very much in the frame. Clyde are apparently also after him though or they might just give it to Stark. From what I'm told Young is a good coach but wouldn't be anywhere near as effective without Stark.

Thanks Ding Dang Doo! I don't have a problem with Campbell being interviewed - surely, if nothing else, he'll be an interesting gauge to weigh other candidates up against. I don't think he would be the person to rebuild us and take us forward.

I've no preference who gets it - I was delighted when we appointed Hughes and look how that turned out!

From what I'm told Young is a good coach but wouldn't be anywhere near as effective without Stark.

Like Ian Murray and Jack Ross then..
Lost today without a pish Rovers game to go to.
So was I.. decided to head along to Cowdenbeath though to give McGurn my full support.

1 hour ago, Starks Park Kdy said:

Ive been told that we have a shortlist of 3, Aitken, Young and Ellis.

Would explain why he's still not signed a deal with us, despite the season finishing ages ago now.

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I was desperate for us not to be left in limbo, with no players, whilst Aitken looks elsewhere. We should've given him a short deadline - like a week - and then walked away.

Transfer budget spent on a years supply of hair gel for prest?

Surely if they are having a look at dick, but hes go turn them down and the board are probably aware of this, surely its a waste of time. Or do the board stupidly think we are too big a club for him to turn us down?

Re the bates transfer. Surely we had an ace in the fact that bates wanted to sign for his "boyhood heroes" we could have pushed for a load more cash because it was a transfer that him and rangers wanted. Surely we should have been dictating the price to them, not the other way about.

'If they are having a look at dick'. That sordid wee toilet at the foot of the stair from the Main Stand looks the sort of place where that happens.

54 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Would explain why he's still not signed a deal with us, despite the season finishing ages ago now.

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I was desperate for us not to be left in limbo, with no players, whilst Aitken looks elsewhere. We should've given him a short deadline - like a week - and then walked away.

Was weird on off the ball last week. He said the contract was sorted just needed to be signed... As though a pen was an outlandish piece of equipment that took weeks to calibrate. I'd guess he's looking for better, but I don't class us as a better option.

Edited by CALDERON

Worst drivel ever spouted in football. Winning games is the "right way" to play football, not pissing about on the halfway line for 10 minutes.

Shut it, ya parsy hoor!

Fine, he seems like his players to pass the ball to one another when building an attack rather than lumping balls over the top of the opposition defence in vain hope, as favoured by some, and in my option this is a preferable approach.

Better?

Why can't folk name their 'sources'? Said 'sources' are happy enough to have information they've blabbed to someone posted on a public forum, so why not who they are?