The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Whichever one we're in.If we drop down a division it's a shitey deal,if we stay up a decent deal.

I notice walk up prices for 2017/18 will be the same as this season.If we go down there won't be many walking up at £15 a pop

Just under £13 on the super early bird and just under £14 on the early bird for league games seems reasonable whatever league we end up in.

Take into account the cup games and friendlies and it turns into a very reasonable offer.

It just shows what mug punters football fans are. Despite the absolute shit served up on and off the field this year, I'm still probably going to end up buying a super early bird season ticket. 

I was quite surprised to see we have 1200 season ticket holders.

I've had a season ticket since Murray's first season and I recall there being a big push back then to get people to buy season tickets.

Has this been to the neglect of PATG fans?

The all ticket big games in recent years have killed off any chance of a large home support. The occasional fan maybe can't be bothered with buying tickets to see the Rovers.

We seem to have the hardcore tied up as season ticket holders - or we did until this season - but attracting the occasional fans to attend is obviously still a challenge. More so in seasons like this one.

Personally, I feel that once you've purchased the season ticket you don't think about the cost of attending anymore. If I had to go to the gate and pay £20 then I'd probably give it quite a bit more thought.

26 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

It just shows what mug punters football fans are. Despite the absolute shit served up on and off the field this year, I'm still probably going to end up buying a super early bird season ticket. 

If football fans were like regular consumers, and didn't pay money for a shit product, there'd be about a dozen clubs left solvent in Europe.

The past couple of seasons have shown that (outwith the OF) our home support doesn't need to be buying tickets.

Folk simply can't be arsed with that carry on. They want to walk up, pay in and watch a game, not f**k about buying tickets in the days leading up to the game or queue up at the office window on match day.

8 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

The past couple of seasons have shown that (outwith the OF) our home support doesn't need to be buying tickets.

Folk simply can't be arsed with that carry on. They want to walk up, pay in and watch a game, not f**k about buying tickets in the days leading up to the game or queue up at the office window on match day.

As a Falkirk ST holder of all of my adult life I don't really know much about the fuss concerned with buying tickets to watch a home game but I do know that people are lazy as f**k.

No real point in Raith trying to fight them on that but it is something they need to address if they want the fans to turn up.

I bought a train ticket the other day and it went straight to my phone to show to the guard on the day of travel. Could that be something football clubs could use?

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

As a Falkirk ST holder of all of my adult life I don't really know much about the fuss concerned with buying tickets to watch a home game but I do know that people are lazy as f**k.

No real point in Raith trying to fight them on that but it is something they need to address if they want the fans to turn up.

I bought a train ticket the other day and it went straight to my phone to show to the guard on the day of travel. Could that be something football clubs could use?

I bet you were annoyed when the ticket inspector scribbled on your screen with his biro.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Yes, but I'd imagine only in conjunction with automated gates (or the staff having barcode readers). What clubs have automatic barcode reading gates? Only one I've been to is Hibs, I think.

On 4/20/2017 at 09:02, Ro Sham Bo said:

In the FFP I see Hughes is still talking about asking Hibs for permission to play Handling on Wednesday. Somebody at the club might want to give him a heads up.

For those that can't get the paper edition below is part of the online article.

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, invocr said:

Yes, but I'd imagine only in conjunction with automated gates (or the staff having barcode readers). What clubs have automatic barcode reading gates? Only one I've been to is Hibs, I think.

We have barcode readers....probably haven't paid for them though......natch.

On 19/04/2017 at 22:13, donny86 said:

Apparently the club aren't honouring their tenner discount, another Drysdale masterstroke I presume.

http://www.raithrovers.net/26238/lowest-admission-prices-in-the-championship-announced.htm

Not apparently,.....they,re not honouring the discount full stop.The reason given is they they have reduced season ticket prices significantly so there will be no further reduction 

2 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Not apparently,.....they,re not honouring the discount full stop.The reason given is they they have reduced season ticket prices significantly so there will be no further reduction 

Aye it's only a tenner but it's the principle I am annoyed about.

They promised discount to those who got bumped last year after gate prices dropped, and we are not seeing that. I made about 12 games off my season ticket and would have been better off PATG. As is stands, I wont be renewing until there is someone competent in charge at the top, unless I win the 'draw'