The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 hours ago, Beachbum said:

From today's FFP

Hughes is still hopeful of bringing a fresh face to the squad although that could depend on whether he can reach agreement with Aberdeen to terminate the loan of Aaron Lennox, which would free up space for another emergency loan signing.

On the injury front, Iain Davidson returned to training this week, while Mark Stewart and Connor Brennan are expected back next week. Long-term absentee Scott Robertson is also nearing a return. However, the news is less positive for Kevin Cuthbert, who is not expected to feature again this season due to a pelvic problem.

Edit to add link to FFP.

Am I the only one who thinks trying to punt Lennox back to Aberdeen is a poor show by us? The guy was badly injured while playing for us and both parties signed a one year loan deal in good faith last summer. Now as he is of no use to us it looks like he is being treated as an expensive inconvenience. Both him and Aberdeen would be well within their rights to tell us to bolt on that one.

41 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Am I the only one who thinks trying to punt Lennox back to Aberdeen is a poor show by us? The guy was badly injured while playing for us and both parties signed a one year loan deal in good faith last summer. Now as he is of no use to us it looks like he is being treated as an expensive inconvenience. Both him and Aberdeen would be well within their rights to tell us to bolt on that one.

If Aberdeen are paying his wages and liable for his medical bills then don't see the issue with both clubs coming to an agreement that the loan deal should stop if he's not going to play for the remainder of the season. If he was fit then that's a different story. 

If Aberdeen are paying his wages and liable for his medical bills then don't see the issue with both clubs coming to an agreement that the loan deal should stop if he's not going to play for the remainder of the season. If he was fit then that's a different story. 

I'm presuming that we are paying a % of his wages, since that's the whole reason why Yogi's wanting him away so he can spend the wage on a new player.

6 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I'm presuming that we are paying a % of his wages, since that's the whole reason why Yogi's wanting him away so he can spend the wage on a new player.

Must be a hefty % if we're hoping to use it to get another player in full time. I was under the assumption we had used up all our loans and offloading Lennox would then allow us to use the loan option on someone else. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

I've asked this before, but what incentive is there for Aberdeen to cancel the loan of a player who is injured and even if he wasn't they would not be allowed to play at first team level under the rules if you are not going to pay up the full value of the loan anyway? Unless of course he isn't costing you anything anyway, in which case it may as well be cancelled presumably.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Must be a hefty % if we're hoping to use it to get another player in full time. I was under the assumption we had used up all our loans and offloading Lennox would then allow us to use the loan option on someone else. Maybe I'm wrong.

You haven't used all your loans but you are only allowed one over 21 year old at a time. He is it currently. Offloading him would let you bring in another overage loan.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

45 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Right enough, he's our over 21 loanee eh? Forgot about that. More than likely this rather than the wages then.

Whatever the reasoning a very crude move by us IMHO. What sort of message does it send out for future potential loans? Get injured and we will try to cut you loose. Doesn't reflect well if you ask me.

He isnt going to feature for us again this season, and he goes back to Aberdeen at the end of the season anyway.  Makes no difference to him whether he sits and does nothing at home as an Aberdeen player, or as a Raith Rovers player. 

good to hear that the Accies have signed up Templeman (no I don't know why either)
was a bit afraid Hughes might have been looking in that direction

You were a bit afraid that ex Hibs and Celtic Stalwart John Hughes would have been looking in the direction of an ex Hearts and Rangers waster..?

13 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

good to hear that the Accies have signed up Templeman (no I don't know why either)

was a bit afraid Hughes might have been looking in that direction

Signing Chris Templeman in the Premier would be madness. I am presuming this is David Templeton?