The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, 1RonnieCoyle said:

Lennox thomson hardie mcmanus are the loanees, id only keep hardi if he was trying to get rid of the loanees. 

should be looking at letting go of skacel and roberts. Done nothing for us.! 

You can forget cancelling McManus, he's an international loan so technically your player and he can't return to England until the window opens. (I suppose he could physically just be told he's no longer in the plans and sent back but there's no particular reason why Fleetwood would agree to stop charging you for him, they couldn't use him anyway. His registration can't be moved).

As for the others, none is an emergency loan so they can't just be cut short. They could in theory be cancelled by mutual agreement of all three parties including the parent club, but I can't see why any of the parent clubs would agree to it unless you were paying them up anyway. And if you are doing that then why bother? None of them would be allowed to turn out for their parent club's first team this season after having a loan cancelled after the window shuts. The only thing they could then do would be go on loan to a club below SPFL level who don't operate windows which all three players are clearly above that level. 

Roberts had a bit over top of his criticism recently. He looked ok when he came on a few weeks ago and against Dumbarton everyone was playing badly but at least he stood up and tried to take some responsibility and get on the ball rather than hide like some players. Fans shouting at him he is shit 5min into a game is not going to help the team. I imagine if anyone of the loan players goes back it will be the keeper as we currently have 4 and he not played for ages. And means we can bring in a more experienced loan player.

51 minutes ago, sonicsco said:

I imagine if anyone of the loan players goes back it will be the keeper as we currently have 4 and he not played for ages. And means we can bring in a more experienced loan player.

Yes there is that. You have spare loans anyway but you dont currently have an overage loan available because Lennox is it. If his loan were cancelled it probably wouldnt aid your budget unless Aberdeen were being very kind but it would open up the possibility of another over 21 loan. Only two weeks left before signing window closes completely though.

You can forget cancelling McManus, he's an international loan so technically your player and he can't return to England until the window opens. (I suppose he could physically just be told he's no longer in the plans and sent back but there's no particular reason why Fleetwood would agree to stop charging you for him, they couldn't use him anyway. His registration can't be moved).
As for the others, none is an emergency loan so they can't just be cut short. They could in theory be cancelled by mutual agreement of all three parties including the parent club, but I can't see why any of the parent clubs would agree to it unless you were paying them up anyway. And if you are doing that then why bother? None of them would be allowed to turn out for their parent club's first team this season after having a loan cancelled after the window shuts. The only thing they could then do would be go on loan to a club below SPFL level who don't operate windows which all three players are clearly above that level. 

I hope someone from the SPFL has phoned us to explain the rules.

Maybe I'm wrong but I took a few different things from Hughes rrrfc tv interview today. Remarks, references and hints about a few things but mostly on making notes about things for later does he mean next season? 

He was far kinder to the squad and far more upbeat than in the post Dumbarton thumping. He's obviously spent the last 4 days trying to rebuild belief and confidence. 

Looks very much like he's looking to make a signing and bring in a loanee or two, the mind boggles. A former player of his who wants more than we can afford, but who?

Lots of people are mentioning Tade but I'd really doubt it'll be him. Thing with Tade Is we all love him to bits, but is he the man to ease our scoring issues? I don't think he's the most prolific of players.

Oh what we wouldn't give for a midfield playmaker and striker that could find the back of the net now and again.

I don't think Tade would solve our scoring crisis himself but he may be the answer if he could create the chances for others.

Look at Hardie, scored goals last season and looked a threat. This season he looks poorer. The same could be said for McManus. Put Tade in the side and he could unlock defences, similarly to what Connolly did last season.

I don't think Tade would solve our scoring crisis himself but he may be the answer if he could create the chances for others.
Look at Hardie, scored goals last season and looked a threat. This season he looks poorer. The same could be said for McManus. Put Tade in the side and he could unlock defences, similarly to what Connolly did last season.

Tade was scoring for fun in Romania and Qatar. He was very raw with us but I think he'd be a much improved player having moved up levels. He'd get the fans going, and would offer huge belief.

He's a joy to watch as opposition defenders don't have a clue how to handle him. His post match interviews are brilliant.

Interesting to see Hughes talk about trying to get a former player in but wages were a stumbling block. Did he work with Tade at Caley?

2 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Tade was scoring for fun in Romania and Qatar. He was very raw with us but I think he'd be a much improved player having moved up levels. He'd get the fans going, and would offer huge belief.

He's a joy to watch as opposition defenders don't have a clue how to handle him. His post match interviews are brilliant.

Interesting to see Hughes talk about trying to get a former player in but wages were a stumbling block. Did he work with Tade at Caley?

Tade was at CT season 12/13, Yogi was at CT 13 to 16

John Hughes in Deadline News this morning.

Meanwhile, Hughes believes he was in the frame for the Motherwell job but insists he is fully committed to hauling Raith Rovers away from relegation trouble.

The former Falkirk, Hibs and Inverness Caley Thistle boss has admitted he was aware of interest from Fir Park as the Steelmen sought a successor to Mark McGhee before they handed the job to Stephen Robinson.

Hughes, who has only been in charge of Rovers for five games, is said to have removed himself from the race for the post at the 11th hour.

But he is adamant his focus has never wavered from the massive job he has in keeping Raith away from bottom spot in the Championship.

He said: “I’m the manager of Raith Rovers, so I couldn’t speak to Motherwell.

“The one thing I’ll say is I pride myself in my honesty and my loyalty – maybe that’s my weakness as well, maybe I should look after myself.

“But I’m committed to Raith Rovers and I’ll be here to the end of the season.

“I knew they [Motherwell] were interested but I’m 100 per cent focused on Raith Rovers.

“All my focus is on working with these boys and getting the best out of them, and trying to get a win.”

8 hours ago, rw89 said:

but wages were a stumbling block

Welcome to Hughes. Targets players too expensive, doesn't get them, moans about not getting them.

This'll be his excuse if he fails now.

30 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Awkward. He didn't want to keep going to the point that people thought he was finished as a player but that point arrived about three or four years ago.

He's also blaming the authorities for Raith Rovers being a terribly run football club. Sad!

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

He's only 32. Has he had bad injuries? Or has he simply not been a good professional and it's caught up with him? Sounds a bit like he isn't up to putting in the necessary effort.

Also he says John Hughes is a 'smart man'.