The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Even if he's half the player he was, it'd be an improvement.

How many loanees do we have just now? Hardie, Thompson and Lennox? Would guess it'd be the latter two getting punted if at all possible.

McManus is another one.

8 minutes ago, renton said:

Never even realized that Syme was gone.

Technically he's not (or he might be, I don't know the technicalities of it all) but I think most of us are taking the wording of the article on the official site that he won't be back when his loan spell ends at Cowden.

Just now, Raithie said:

Technically he's not (or he might be, I don't know the technicalities of it all) but I think most of us are taking the wording of the article on the official site that he won't be back when his loan spell ends at Cowden.

I missed that article entirely. That's how fucking gloomy I've been regarding the Rovers lately.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hahaha.

It's football mate, get a grip.

Maybe I was a bit harsh but I wouldn't want the guy anywhere near the club again after the way he went about things during the playoffs.

It;s hypothetical anyway as there's no chance of it happening. 

Just now, 1RonnieCoyle said:

Lennox thomson hardie mcmanus are the loanees, id only keep hardi if he was trying to get rid of the loanees. 

should be looking at letting go of skacel and roberts. Done nothing for us.! 

Worse than that.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I'd have Jim Leishman in charge, with Martin Hardie as assistant, and Sammy the Tammy as Director of Football - if it meant a better season than this.

Managers arent there to be liked, they are there to do a job. 

I could understand if bringing him back meant promotion or guaranteed success in some form but merely a better season than this one? You could get plenty of folk in charge that would do far better than Locke. Which I believe is what everyone said when he was first appointed. Granted, most of you guys agreed it was a shocking move but there were still some in the "give him a chance" brigade.

Did we get a cup for being Kings of Fife?

Wondered if that was maybe presented at one of the many games I've bumped.

It was at one of our games ages ago. Has sticky prints on it though, what the hell did you do with it whilst it was on loan?

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I could understand if bringing him back meant promotion or guaranteed success in some form but merely a better season than this one? You could get plenty of folk in charge that would do far better than Locke. Which I believe is what everyone said when he was first appointed. Granted, most of you guys agreed it was a shocking move but there were still some in the "give him a chance" brigade.

Short of storming the press conference and burning him at the stake, their weren't too many other options 9I say that as someone who's reaction to his appointment was a wee bit negative), although now I come to think about it.....

“I’d like to bring in three or four – I think the squad needs it – but we could maybe try to work on getting one of the loan players to go back to his parent club.

SNS-13250809-Raith-Rovers-v-Hearts.jpg-e

“Others are showing up well, like wee Scott Roberts. I told him after training that we’re recognising the work he’s putting in and the way he is training, he’ll get himself in the team.

nintchdbpict000299977114.jpg?crop=0px,18

Edited by Paco

"Others are showing up well, like wee Scott Roberts. I told him after training that we’re recognising the work he’s putting in and the way he is training, he’ll get himself in the team."

There's just one wee problem with that - he's fucking useless.

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

"Others are showing up well, like wee Scott Roberts. I told him after training that we’re recognising the work he’s putting in and the way he is training, he’ll get himself in the team."

There's just one wee problem with that - he's fucking useless.

Indeed. If he is showing up better than the rest of them in training it's no wonder we are fast-forwarding to relegation.