The New Raith Rovers Thread

I see the St Mirren game has been postponed. Is this because St Mirren are in the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals or is it the Diddy Cup Final?

http://www.raithrovers.net/fixtures

Scottish cup quarter final that weekend.

Had Queens beat Dundee United last night, then our game against Queens would have also been postponed as that's the weekend of the 'diddy cup final'

2 hours ago, Raith25 said:

Heard he's going to be appointed director of football, it'll be announced soon.

I presume he is doing this as a favour to Hughes and will surely not be expecting a wage or a company car and unlimited expenses

If so, would rather the money was spent on someone who will score 10 goals between now and the end of the season to keep us up

I presume he is doing this as a favour to Hughes and will surely not be expecting a wage or a company car and unlimited expenses
If so, would rather the money was spent on someone who will score 10 goals between now and the end of the season to keep us up

Outside of the transfer window? You're pushing it.

9 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

surely must be somebody out of contract somewhere that could do a better job for us than the 4 strikers we have, look out of Scotland

No chance it'll happen. Locke put an end to that when we decided to bring in Syme and Roberts. 

If there's a player who can score us 10 goals in that period, and is available for free and willing to relocate then I'd be very surprised. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I hear Gregory Tade is without a club...

Would greet with joy if we came even anywhere close to us. A phenomenal athlete who, despite getting stick, was really solid at this level. Even more so when he was partnered with John Baird up top. We're talking daydream stuff here, but if we had him up top with Stewart then they'd be similar. Tade's workrate alongside Stewart would cause issues for many teams. I know his partner is in Scotland, and that he's got close ties with us, but I'd expect him to rock up at a top flight club no issue. Seemed to hit a real vein of form when he moved to Romania. 

Some boy though...