The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't know what's happened to atmosphere in football but it seems to be a widespread issue, not just is down at the San Starko. 

Maybe fans have just gotten more civilised, or less passionate about football?

Redeveloping the ground (Starks) didn't help. We're 120 yards from the away fans. When grounds had terracing you were 5 yards, if that, from away fans.

You are never going to get the atmosphere you did when it was terracing, days are long gone in my opinion. But since we have had the stands behind the goal, the best atmosphere has always been generated when we have had a wee choir at the back.  

It's simple stuff though, if you want an atmosphere then you create one, get a couple of mates and sing, bound to be a few others joining in, especially if we are playing well. Or not getting totally humped at least. 

This subject pops up all the time, not rocket science is it.  Personally, I couldn't give a toss about singing anymore, if there is a good atmosphere then great, rather have a blether, but maybe I'm getting too auld. 

Fife derby in a couple of weeks all ticket it would seem. Allocated seating as well!?!?!? somehow I don't think we'll have issues finding a seat. Be lucky if 1500 head through for this imo.

http://www.raithrovers.net/27164/dunfermline-ath-v-raith-rovers-ticket-sales.htm

Edited by Raithie

Fife derby in a couple of weeks all ticket it would seem. Allocated seating as well!?!?!? somehow I don't think we'll have issues finding a seat. Be lucky if 1500 head through for this imo.

http://www.raithrovers.net/27164/dunfermline-ath-v-raith-rovers-ticket-sales.htm

It's bad enough that we have to go through this nonsense for the derbies at Starks without it applying to matches at East End. Completely needless.

Craig Barr reporting good news so far in his recovery. Can't put a link just now but it's on his Twitter account.

We'll still not see him back until February.

When does his contract run out? Even if he comes back as a cracking player for the last 3 months of the season again like he always does, I wouldn't keep him on for next season. Been a massive waste of money.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

When does his contract run out? Even if he comes back as a cracking player for the last 3 months of the season again like he always does, I wouldn't keep him on for next season. Been a massive waste of money.

I get your drift but, there cannae be much else o' him to left tae get injured now !!  ;)

Edited by Wee Sandy

1 hour ago, Niall Russell said:

No. Different injury every time: right hip impingement this time, groin last season, something else the season before (hamstring I'm sure it was). 

Wasn't it ridiculously rare complications last season where he had a chipped kneecap or something crazy and they had to operate to get it out? Or am I thinking of someone else? 

Put him on a pay as you play contract and let's see if he's so injury prone

19 hours ago, rw89 said:

Wasn't it ridiculously rare complications last season where he had a chipped kneecap or something crazy and they had to operate to get it out? Or am I thinking of someone else? 

That rings a bell, but in relation to the first injury rather than last seasons though.... Don't want to obsess over it though, so it's fair to say it's a horrendously unlucky run of injuries - each one unconnected to the rest :-( 

13 minutes ago, Niall Russell said:

That rings a bell, but in relation to the first injury rather than last seasons though.... Don't want to obsess over it though, so it's fair to say it's a horrendously unlucky run of injuries - each one unconnected to the rest :-( 

Totally agree. Every time he's come back he's seemed really gutted that it's happened and plays his heart out as he wants to be remembers as someone who has always given his all.