The New Raith Rovers Thread

Personally think I may get a better job if I got put away, but that's another matter. It's always a talking point anything to do with footballers and convictions but would anybody that is complaining about this be happy if a plumber or a joiner got put on day release and end up training as a footballer at a professional club rather than going back and doing something they are half decent at. 

5 hours ago, fcrover said:

One element of this that puzzles me.....where is Kirkcaldy Jail? Assuming he is in Saughton or Perth, why day release so far away?

If they need them then there are still cells at St Brycedale, the  old Kirkcaldy Main Police Station

Edited by Wee Sandy

18 hours ago, foreverarover said:

It states if you believe the article is that he is at Starks park 5 days a week. So really not much difference to a person in a workplace. Sorry it doesn't cut it with me. He should be locked up for the full term and have any rehabilitation in jail by way of courses like others

The day release thing is not particularly unusual.

4 hours ago, Andy C said:

Why shouldn't he be allowed to go straight back in to the job he had before where his expertise lies?

Should everyone who has previous be banned from earning a living doing what they do best?

No, but nor should there be a blanket rule that there should never be professional consequences. Context is everything.

He's serving his sentence at Castle Huntly near Dundee.

So my question stands - Castle Huntly , midway between Dundee and Perth, so did St J and the Dundee clubs reject any offer for his "services" or is there some connection to personnel at the Rovers?

I don't agree with moving fixtures.

Why say it'll be 24th and 31st when the fixtures come out, only to change it at the end of September? Just smacks of hopeless organisation. Christmas Eve is a dreadful day for football but I was quite up for New Years Eve at the football.

Well it is a public holiday - would imagine the vast majority of people who would be off on the Saturday for new years eve would be off the holiday Monday as well.

Folk who work in England and are up for the holidays may be travelling back down that weekend.

The 2nd is probably still fine for people who live locally.

I miss the New Year's Day games. I don't think they've been scheduled since 2005 when most of them got rained off and all the clubs had had to pay extortionate policing costs and what-have-you.

See Scott Roberts goal at the weekend is one of the contenders for goal of the week.

A pity it's probably the worst of the 4 nominees though despite out brilliant it was;-

- Coullibally's 35 yard strike against Celtic

- Ryan Hardies 25 yard strike against the Townies

- James Maddison's free Kick against Rangers

Were the other 3 nominees..