The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think it's fairly safe to say that before the season kicks off, we'll have at least one loan signing from either Dundee United or Hearts. John McGlynn says just about as much in his interview with The Away End.

I'm quite positive about this, because I'd now say we're the best option for Hearts to loan out players. I would imagine they're not going to be loaning out to others in the SPL (although I know they did with Calum Elliot). So they're looking to the First Division, and they know exactly what John McGlynn's training and methods are like, and they obviously appreciate them.

I would imagine that although Hearts are now more likely to loan players to us, rather than anyone else in the division. Similar situation for Dundee United, although maybe less so as John McGlynn and Craig Levein just seem to have a loose working relationship, rather than the fixed relationship that exists with Hearts.

I think what I'm trying to get at is that we're in the position to be receiving the very best that Hearts have to offer in terms of loanees, instead of just the players who aren't deemed good enough for loans to teams higher up.

That's proper pictures of the new home shirt up on the ACA website now.

Me no likey. It doesn't even have the proper collar that the first preview had, although I didn't really think it would. I realise I'm on a bit of a rampage here based on three photos, but the material looks very cheap too.

Abit shit aint it..

I can see what they were going for, minimalistic and whatnot, but we've seen with last year's kit what they can produce with a bit of thought, and so this years just looks like there hasn't been any effort put in.

I'm hoping the away kit is better, because I'd really like to buy a shirt this year.

I also realise that it's the flavour of the month to slag off the website, and the club, but they're really missed a trick here. ACA are already selling the shirts in store before we've seen so much as a picture of it on the official website. There should've been a notice up yesterday saying that the shirts were on sale in the Club Shop. As a result, ACA are going to benefit from everyone who wants to buy the shirt on its release, and the club lose out on whatever cut ACA are taking.

Edited by Dunc

That's proper pictures of the new home shirt up on the ACA website now.

Me no likey. It doesn't even have the proper collar that the first preview had, although I didn't really think it would. I realise I'm on a bit of a rampage here based on three photos, but the material looks very cheap too.

Do you know what the new away strip might look like, i'm not overly impressed with the home top.

Do you know what the new away strip might look like, i'm not overly impressed with the home top.

When I was in buying my season ticket at the end of last season, John Drysdale was saying that it's "a deep red, but not deep enough to accuse John McGlynn of having a Hearts influence on it."

So make no mistake, it's maroon. ;)

When I was in buying my season ticket at the end of last season, John Drysdale was saying that it's "a deep red, but not deep enough to accuse John McGlynn of having a Hearts influence on it."

So make no mistake, it's maroon. ;)

You better not be kidding. The choking and spluttering from some of our fans would be highly entertaining.

It's the kind of shirt that reeks of relegation, mediochre for a mediochre season.

Aye i'm a dour c**t today :(

It's actually the kind of shirt which speaks of solidity, fight and a lack of need to pretend to be anymore than we are and that we will fight until we lie dead on the battlefields of Dunfermline and Inverness. It tells the world that we are Raith Fucking Rovers!

Edited by lzreid

It's actually the kind of shirt which speaks of solidity, fight and a lack of need to pretend to be anymore than we are. It tells the world that we are Raith Fucking Rovers!

Thanks dude you've cheered me up, i'm missing Kirkcaldy so much. I'm just a tad homesick.

I would imagine it'll be almost exactly the same as the last red kit we had.

MP_v_Stranraer_270107_RR_Goal_1_Celebration.jpg

I actually use that shirt for decorating now. Not decorating the shirt, wearing whilst decorating.