The New Raith Rovers Thread

So how has our defence been looking in the past few games? Obviously the whole team will improve over the next month or so but do people think we are likely to leak goals a bit?

Will be good to see the team for the first time this Saturday. Been a long time since I made an appearance.

Heading to San Starko tommorrow. Hoping to see a good performance and a good game. Queens Park play some nice football I hear. I was a bit lax last season and did not see any games. Plan to see a few more this season. Well thats the plan :-)

Edited by Calidad

Anyone see the small striker that came on as a sub in the 30th minute? friend of mine, Sandy. He is playing for scotland but still at albion?

!

Was that the wee young guy Cunningham?

If so he put himself about the field a bit, reminded me of a young Graham Weir, bustlin 'n' hustlin'....!!

Cheers for giving us Walker and Anderson, must ve seen us coming... Very poor start to their Brechin careers, pair o them seem scared to leave centre circle......I know we ain't t greatest or biggest team around but they could at least look interested ha ha...... What happened to the Jim Kerrs , Alex Brashs , Sean Dennis s you gave us yrs ago they were players

Cheers for giving us Walker and Anderson, must ve seen us coming... Very poor start to their Brechin careers, pair o them seem scared to leave centre circle......I know we ain't t greatest or biggest team around but they could at least look interested ha ha...... What happened to the Jim Kerrs , Alex Brashs , Sean Dennis s you gave us yrs ago they were players

You'll be able to save electricity by switching off the PA, as you'll never hear anything due to Walkers continual whining.

Fox + Moon > > > > Anderson + Walker

You mean Fox or Moon > > > > Anderson + Walker surely?

As for our prospects this season, we can't get too carried away given the standard of opposition, but this side looks a serious upgrade on last seasons.

It'll be interesting to see how we measure up against a decent team next week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Allan Walker may have had an indifferent season last year but he was a good servant for us over several years, I have many fond memories of him. Stuart Anderson was limited but tidy enough.

Anyway, it's been alluded to over on the match thread but can someone confirm the last time Raith scored six goals? My dad and I couldn't think of anything since the famous St Mirren 7-0er. We came up with any number of fives* but nothing more than that.

(* Ross County in the league cup, Falkirk twice in a season, Jay Stein's hat-trick game against Airdrie, Graeme Weir's hat-trick game at Hampden, Threave Rovers in the cup, Montrose last season. To name a few.)

Allan Walker may have had an indifferent season last year but he was a good servant for us over several years, I have many fond memories of him. Stuart Anderson was limited but tidy enough.

Anyway, it's been alluded to over on the match thread but can someone confirm the last time Raith scored six goals? My dad and I couldn't think of anything since the famous St Mirren 7-0er. We came up with any number of fives* but nothing more than that.

(* Ross County in the league cup, Falkirk twice in a season, Jay Stein's hat-trick game against Airdrie, Graeme Weir's hat-trick game at Hampden, Threave Rovers in the cup, Montrose last season. To name a few.)

I've been going since around 97 and I'm almost 100% sure I'd never seen us score six until yesterday. A very quick browse of soccerbase suggests we haven't.