The New Raith Rovers Thread

Over-reactions to friendly results make me cringe.

The worrying thing is that it happens every fucking season.

Friendly matches are for trying things out and giving new players a chance to gel with their teammates.

FRIENDLY RESULTS DON'T MATTER AND HAVE NO BEARING ON HOW THE TEAM WILL PLAY THROUGOUT THE SEASON!

I wish some of the idiots who purport to support the Rovers would get that through their thick skulls and shut their daft pusses.

Edited by Andy C

Losing five goals in the manner we did (going by reports on here) is a cause for concern, friendly match or not. I can't blame anyone for being irked by it.

That said, it was a friendly. They are notoriously poor indicators and we do have players who aren't quite used to each other yet. There may be some who have over-reacted to it, but there are plenty others out there with the opposite over-reaction to an error-strewn humping.

The most important thing here is that the sloppiness stops ASAP.

Losing five goals in the manner we did (going by reports on here) is a cause for concern, friendly match or not. I can't blame anyone for being irked by it.

spot on michael

do some honestly think murray wont be concerned with how we gifted 5 goals and virtually capitulated in the second half?sure as feck he aint reclining in his managers chair telling the players ,hey lads we lost 5-0 but dont worry about it, it was only a friendly

We lost against sheffield utd, they're a good English side and were more match fit than we were and it was our first game but we looked decent.

Then we hold hibs to a nil nil draw. we were the better team and looked solid at the back

Then hearts come calling, we were the better team in the first half until slack defending cost us. The change of personnel and shape in the 2nd half didn't suit us but we were still creating chances.

Its pre-season and this is the time to make mistakes and learn by them. People say its a concern losing 5-0. Didn't see those doubters on here commenting on how well we played in the last two games. I remember us playing lower league teams in the past and gubbing them all, then the season started and we were sh%te.

One pre-season game filled with a few mistakes doesn't make us sh%te

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

We have not had a pleasant pre season for years, we have always used pre season to push our players against very good opposition.

Last night grant murray was shown we still have some weaknesses, they can now be fixed.

While we may have lost 5 goals, we still attempted to keep the ball on the ground and passed the ball well, fox moon and cardle seemed more settled in midfield.

Apartnfrom the usual Dundee and Morton, no one else has really brought in players of the quality we have, players who are very good first division players at minimum.

I have no doubt that when it comes down to it we will do come good..

We have not had a pleasant pre season for years, we have always used pre season to push our players against very good opposition.

Last night grant murray was shown we still have some weaknesses, they can now be fixed.

While we may have lost 5 goals, we still attempted to keep the ball on the ground and passed the ball well, fox moon and cardle seemed more settled in midfield.

Apartnfrom the usual Dundee and Morton, no one else has really brought in players of the quality we have, players who are very good first division players at minimum.

I have no doubt that when it comes down to it we will do come good..

Steady on. We have certainly brought in quality with respect to last year's team, but then we are already playing catch up to quite a few other teams.

There is a difference between overall bad defending and individual mistakes though surely? I'm sure Murray is worried. It's his job to be worried. I'm not that bothered though...

Agree with this, if it were a case that the unit and the system was poor, or that the players were of a general poor quality the I'd be more worried. Individual mistakes tend to be spectacular and stick in the mind, but they are exceptional and can be cut out far easier than can a piss poor system with shite players.

ICT tomorrow. Anyone know if the 200 club will be open pre-match? Few pre-match sherbets to try and blur out our inevitable pumping that we always seem to receive from ICT.

Yes the 200 club is open for pre and post match libations

Are season tickets valid for the friendlies?

Yes they are

No doubt after we beat ICT 4-0 tomorrow with an Elliot hat trick we will be clear favourites to win the league and Elliot will bang in 30 plus goals.

If every team reacted the way some of our fans do I hate to read some of their forums. Man City fans must already be calling for Pellegrini to be sacked!

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

We'll see soon enough if GM has sorted out some of the mistakes from Wednesday's match.

It will be interesting to see who takes the field at the start of the ICT game. tomorrow.

The Cat will be back in the sticks :wub:

Id imagine Watson will probably start to get some more game time in and also a chance to gel with Hill, so wouldnt be suprised if they both play the 90. McGurn will probably get his 2nd game of pre season and maybe see a couple of changes in midfield, Callachan may get another run out and id actually like to see Lewis Bonar play from the start in midfield

Dont think Lewis Bonar can play tomorrow, do you not only get three games as a trialist?

think this only applies for league games and not pre-season. think you can also play more for the reserves

Is there anywhere in the home end that actually sees the sun of an afternoon?

I was hoping to catch a few rays. They should open the North Stand to home fans.

I quite fancy jumping in the away end tomorrow just to get the sun. Its only a friendly. I'll surely not get beat up by Inverness fans.