The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well took the game in and a few points.

Raith looked good, still need a centre half but Reece and Hill were solid, Reece read the game well. Was impressed by Callachan and the front two had decent movement. At that level 30 goals a season men are like hens teeth but think there is at least 2-3 that can get to double figures. Lots to be encouraged with and no real gap in quality, what impressed me most was the better fitness levels of the Raith lads.

Hibs are poor on that display. Booth was the best Hibs left back on the park. Couldn't believe the no. 5 in middle park was Tudor-Jones, he was pish! Hibs 10 looked lively, long season for the Hibs who brought decent numbers.

Would anyone else like to see the trialist get signed?

ME !!! Been impressed by him so far and would like to see him and Spence start against hearts. I think he looks a better prospect than smith or Elliot imho

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

no.he looks decidely average.we need someone whos going to score goals and a centre half

We have three signed senior strikers, someone 'who's going to score goals' should be covered by that.

While we definitely need a centre back, and I'd need to see the guy play a bit more, but he looks like he could give us a different option, a plan B, which we haven't always had. Something to think about.

Turnbull Hutton quite open and honest today at Starks when asked about anymore signings, and the clubs future. "certain players chose contracts from elsewhere, but the club always had other plans, not just a plan A. 2players offered terms yesterday one a centre half.. If both sign we still have room on our budget for one more

Permanent and possibly 2 loans."

"With all the reconstruction talks over and finalised, we feel the club will now move onwards and upwards from here on, grant has done a magnificant job in selling our club to our new players and the players he wanted to keep from last term, hopefully our darker days are now behind us, this is what we've pushed for for" "we now have to grasp this and change our future for the better"

if this is anything to go by, then obviously Cardle was one who signed and the other was a cb,if they sign?! This still leaves us with room for one/two more signings plus two on loanees.

Murray may only be looking at one cb as he's used donaldson twice now at cb during pre-season and seems like he can do a job for us there.

I like the look of Lewis Bonar and seems far stronger on the ball than Elliot or Smith. People go on about a proven goalscorer and Bonar fits that bill as well as he's done it for alloa and in Australia. I know there are a few who'll disagree but i'd rather have time on our side rather than have him playing against us

if this is anything to go by, then obviously Cardle was one who signed and the other was a cb,if they sign?! This still leaves us with room for one/two more signings plus two on loanees.

Murray may only be looking at one cb as he's used donaldson twice now at cb during pre-season and seems like he can do a job for us there.

I like the look of Lewis Bonar and seems far stronger on the ball than Elliot or Smith. People go on about a proven goalscorer and Bonar fits that bill as well as he's done it for alloa and in Australia. I know there are a few who'll disagree but i'd rather have time on our side rather than have him playing against us

Bonar only made 3 sub appearances for alloa. He's done nothing in his career to suggest he's up to the first division.