The New Raith Rovers Thread

Murray saying in the FFP he won't be pressed into bringing in players for the sake of it. Feels the squad is good at the moment and keeping his options open should the right player(s) come along. Confirmed Cardle is no longer training with us.

Unless there's players out there looking for a club and contact us then I'm reading it as he's not going to be actively going out his way to bring more players in and that this is the finished squad.

Murray has been very clever so far though and I trust him to make the correct decision.

He clearly still has a budget left for a few players and with the league season still 5 weeks away there's plenty of time to bring in additions. No need to rush and bring in players for the sake of it just to make up the numbers.

Still quietly optimistic we can have a successful season this year!

Id rather he wait and bring in a player that fits our needs rather than just an extra body who doesnt add much to the squad

Think the priority is still a centre half but if we start pre season with Dougie and Laurie while we wait for said player to come along I can accept that

Well, that's a bit of a turnaround from last time when we were given the impression our business was all but done. Players delaying by holding out for a better offer upon reconstruction, maybe?

A CB remains an absolute priority. It's currently the glaring weakness in the team.

Well, that's a bit of a turnaround from last time when we were given the impression our business was all but done. Players delaying by holding out for a better offer upon reconstruction, maybe?

A CB remains an absolute priority. It's currently the glaring weakness in the team.

I genuinely reckon a few players have been holding out to see how Dundee got on with their takeover bid. Brown has already been saying he's lost out on two signings (that said, he's a fucking moron).

Only because D comes before E.

The methil tinks have signed a few handy players, I'd expect the pars to have trouble holding on to 3rd spot once the season starts!

Lol, wee team!

As much of a wee team as the Pars are, they're still to hit the lows of East Fife.