The New Raith Rovers Thread

Murray was in the paper saying that three more signings would be perfect, i can think of cardle being one of them and another centre back. Any one heard any rumors?

As has been said elsewhere, one of the three would be Smith.

The squads starting to shape up quite nicely: Goalkeepers:

David Mcgurn

Ross Laidlaw Defenders Jason Thomson Callum Booth Reece Donaldson Laurie Ellis Dougie Hill Grant Murray? David Bates Midfielders

Liam Fox

Kevin Moon

Grant Anderson

Ross Callachan

Lewis Vaughan

Liam McCroary

Ross Matthews Strikers Calum Elliot Gordon Smith Greig Spence David Robertson IMO we could to with a left midfielder and another centre back but other than that, i think this could be quite a good season.

Rovers building a decent squad there. Could be an interesting season ahead. Is that Gordon smith who used to play for hearts? Rumour going around early in the summer that we were interested in him.

Rovers building a decent squad there. Could be an interesting season ahead. Is that Gordon smith who used to play for hearts? Rumour going around early in the summer that we were interested in him.

It is indeed the player you refer to.

http://www.raithrovers.net/9263/further-signing-announced.htm

It is indeed, Mr. Blue.

I'm hoping we can go for the top four, but I guess we'll see. We've bucked the general trend and got our business in quite early, but it remains to be seen what other clubs will do. It looks a decent squad so far, but what we have can't really be compared at the moment.

It is indeed, Mr. Blue.

I'm hoping we can go for the top four, but I guess we'll see. We've bucked the general trend and got our business in quite early, but it remains to be seen what other clubs will do. It looks a decent squad so far, but what we have can't really be compared at the moment.

I knew you were going to say that.

It is indeed, Mr. Blue.

There's pros and cons to both. Part of me would like to have a settled squad as early as possible to allow the team to gel, work on tactics etc. Moore seems to prefer to hold off and see what's out there. Worked for us last season but at the moment I genuinely have no idea how we are going to end up.

Rovers always work hard and giving the squad time to gel and work together isn't a bad thing. A little early but good luck for the season ahead (except when you play us lol)

[quote name="Raith Against The Machine"

I feel slightly uneasy about running here again to speculate on Joe Cardle's life based on his Twitter feed, but it looks like he's off down south for a trial. Back to the waiting game for Grant Murray and co.[/quote

Am I the only one getting a bit fed up with Joe cardle? We give him a chance when he's released by the pars, let him train with us and seem to be waiting on him to sign. If he wanted to play for us he would of signed by now. He is holding out for something else, I say withdraw the offer and look elsewhere.

[quote name="Raith Against The Machine"

I feel slightly uneasy about running here again to speculate on Joe Cardle's life based on his Twitter feed, but it looks like he's off down south for a trial. Back to the waiting game for Grant Murray and co.[/quote

Am I the only one getting a bit fed up with Joe cardle? We give him a chance when he's released by the pars, let him train with us and seem to be waiting on him to sign. If he wanted to play for us he would of signed by now. He is holding out for something else, I say withdraw the offer and look elsewhere.

I agree, say sign or go!!! I've no argument with letting other players train with us, but he obviously doesn't want to play with us and someone else is going to get the benifits of our generosity.

let's forget about him and concentrate on getting someone else in