The New Raith Rovers Thread

Gutted at the news but wish him well. Wee mickey is a good shout but wouldn't be too disappointed with Murray or Ellis. Please don't go for one of the tired old faces who've been around Scottish fitba for donkeys years. Hope we negotiate a nice wee pay off from Hearts

Are you guys genuinely upset at the prospect of McGlynn leaving? The consensus amongst Hearts fans is that he'd be a completely uninspiring candidate, especially given you narrowly avoided relegation last season. I've also heard he's a bit of a hoofball merchant, which really isn't ideal when we want to bring through more youngsters. Any feedback as to what sort of manager McGlynn is like would be appreciated!

Are you guys genuinely upset at the prospect of McGlynn leaving? The consensus amongst Hearts fans is that he'd be a completely uninspiring candidate, especially given you narrowly avoided relegation last season. I've also heard he's a bit of a hoofball merchant, which really isn't ideal when we want to bring through more youngsters. Any feedback as to what sort of manager McGlynn is like would be appreciated!

Despite the football being awful at times (the hoofball part is pretty accurate), you can't argue with what he's achieved here.

Last season was poor, certainly, but it was expected that it wasn't going to be pretty. I was very pissed off with the way things were, but we pulled it out in the end.

To look at our last season and decide that he isn't good enough is naive at best. I'll grant you that he is an uninspiring choice, however.

Genuinely upset, yes, he's been brilliant for us, we'd improved year on year until last season's setback; but he's transformed the whole club over and above what's happened on the pitch.

He's a grafter, works hard on all the details; treats players as people rather than shouts at them, and (as far as is possible to tell) commands total respect from everyone at the club.

The hoofball thing is mostly rubbish, but like any manager he adapts his tactics to the players and resources available.

I won't shy away from the fact that walking out New Douglas Park on a soaking Tuesday night in March I wouldn't have been overly upset if we'd parted ways with McGlynn at the end of the season. I was far from the only one with that viewpoint as well. We'd been awful for months and things were showing no sign of getting better. But the difference in the team from that night forward was astounding. Absolutely astounding. And just as he took the stick for the preceding poor months, he deserves the full credit for that. We even finished higher than our budget would dictate in the end.

He's pulled it out the bag for us every year for the last four - won a title, survived comfortably with the bonus of a Cup semi despite massive adversity (7 games in 14 days, christ. That was mental!), exceeded expectations with an incredible title challenge and then safety again despite looking bad at times. Nobody at all can grumble with McGlynn's time at the club. Sure, we'll moan about his subs, and his style of play at times, but all in all he's been tremendous for Raith Rovers. Absolutely tremendous, from top to bottom.

This is terrible news. Terrible. Love you John.

1340232322[/url]' post='6356813']

As my fellow Rovers have stated, he's done a massive amount of good work for our club. You can guarantee that he'll work his arse off to give the Jambos a chance of becoming the 2nd best team in Scotland after Celtic.We played some good football at the very beginning of last season too. Possession based, slick passing. Didn't last long right enough but that may have been down to personnel.

Hope he stays, can't see it though.

Cameron would be daft to go near us.

This is a disaster, just as the squad was taking shape too.

Would be a step up for him and you would be daft not to consider him if you have the cash. As a Cowden fan I would be gutted if he went, especially to another 1st Division team. He has close links with Rovers of course and if offered I think he would take it. Hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about this suddenly :(

Would be a step up for him and you would be daft not to consider him if you have the cash. As a Cowden fan I would be gutted if he went, especially to another 1st Division team. He has close links with Rovers of course and if offered I think he would take it. Hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about this suddenly :(

If McGlynn does go then yes we would be mad not to go for Mickey, a Raith legend, Kirkcaldy lad and supporter of the club. Although we are skint perhaps any comp from Hearts would help us get Colin.

Cameron would be daft to go near us.

This is a disaster, just as the squad was taking shape too.

Disagree. He's done an excellent job with Cowden, but how far can he realistically take them? They have very limited resources.

I'm not saying we are a massive step up, but we are a bigger club and can maybe offer him more than Cowden can.

I don't think he will be our next manager, though.

If it weren't for the obvious emotional appeal I'd say this was entirely the wrong move for Cameron. Even if he was the right manager for us, which I'm not convinced by anyway - much as I'm delighted to see him doing well along the road.

I'd prefer to keep as much continuity as possible, I think, and I'd hope Grant Murray would be in consideration.