The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Trust should have called it, '9 things moaning people can look to pick up on in the future'.

Because let's be honest, that's what's going to happen.

I reckon that the aims set out in the concordat hit the nail on the head for how the club needs to be run.

Spot on.already!!!

Having read the article in the FFP today, it really hammers home the precarious situation the Club is in, however, on "another website" Rovers fans are complaining about having to pay six pounds for the Fife Cup game tonight!!blink.gif

At a time when we need every penny we can get , and as many folk through the gate as possible, it really beggars belief the mindset of some i.e. "let me complain about what is happening, but don't expect me to put the money in."

Maybe they think the magic "THEY" will provide the cash needed!

Let's get along tonight and .......again on Saturday.

The club needs our support right now, not criticism

Edited by Wee Sandy

Caught a glance at a Fife Free Press this morning in the papershop. The front page suggested the club were 7 minutes from going into Admin/out of business (I cant remember which as it was only a quick glance.)

Was this mentioned at last weeks meeting? Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

i did hear a rumour along those lines as well tho wasnt sure if it was true

It's all very well and good writing something up which didn't really need written up at all. Sadly, some people will think this as a form of progress. We need proper change with our ideas commercial side of the club while trying to cut back as reasonably as possible. As PC says, this is what we should have been doing all along.

If they want progress they need to come up with suggestions and ways to engage the supporters, the supporters groups and more importantly the community as a whole. As it stands they just expect the Rovers fans to keep putting their hands in their pockets time and time again. The groups are always doing fund raising events and most of the money goes directly to the Rovers and lets not kick ourselves this hasnt been a recent thing the groups have been doing this for years including Reclaim the Rovers

You just have to ask around the local businesses. The majority of them see no sense of loyalty to the club anymore. The see supporting the club financially as chucking notes into an open fire. The club makes no concerted effort to engage with local businesses.

It's not just since the recession this has happened...it's been going on for the last decade. There are no local links anymore. The club does nothing to encourage any sort of investment.

The club needs to go back to phoning up businesses, offering things at discounted prices and encouraging them to come along and support the local team. A business that has never been involved with the club before are hardly going to do anything at full price when they see absolutely no benefit coming there way. There has to be a bit of give and take whilst the board just want to take take take. It comes down to the same point as the admission prices. People are not going to and pay £17 every second week if they are getting nothing out of it.

Football needs to be run like a business and I think the problem is that there is such limited business experience on the board. There is nobody apart from Mario Caira that has run their own business and needed to bring extra investment and increase the profitability.

For what its worth I'm a Pars fan who lives in Kirkcaldy and I'd say that the Rovers are far more in touch with local businesses, communities & school kids than my club have EVER been. It's a crying shame that its come to this for your club, and should act as a severe wake up call to all other clubs fans, as I think most of those "in the know" and on the board at most clubs already know every club is in the shit.

It's all very well and good writing something up which didn't really need written up at all. Sadly, some people will think this as a form of progress. We need proper change with our ideas commercial side of the club while trying to cut back as reasonably as possible. As PC says, this is what we should have been doing all along.

greenie for you

Interestingly enough missing from the meeting was the commercial guy so any question on that was met with basically silence although our previous commercial manager tore the commercial side of the club a new one .Also ex chairman davie sommerville who took on a voluntary role in seeking external investment was asked to attend the meeting but declined.

Caught a glance at a Fife Free Press this morning in the papershop. The front page suggested the club were 7 minutes from going into Admin/out of business (I cant remember which as it was only a quick glance.)

Was this mentioned at last weeks meeting? Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

It certainly was mentioned at the meeting .HMRC after agreeing a payment plan with the club decided they wanted the whole 45k in a oner and like yesterday or they would appoint a liquidator . HMRC were told we had f**k all assets byt responded with,tough it will basically be a warning to others .Club cobbled together a payment 7 minutes prior to the dealine given with an oustanding sum of 6k to be paid by end of October Club has 150k of external debt to three seperate bodies,6k to the HMRC and the remainder split between FC and the stewarding company which is hardly surprising seeing the amount of stewards we have on duty at home games

I know that we already have "police-free" days at Starks for certain games but can we not also try "steward-free" days?

Perhaps alternate between police & stewards for matches so that no game has both with the exeption of any expected large crowd (which would be offset by gate receipts in any case)?

Hmm, pick on the small clubs...sounds about right.

Guys...pardon me for buttin' in on your club thread....but it came to my attention the number of posts here!...if Raith could translate that into bodies through the turnstyle....say no more!..shows ye how many 'armchair fans you have!...get them out there!!...best of luck....(better not type any more exclamation marks or Nizzy will go AWOL!...I wish!!!!!!!!!!)

Guys...pardon me for buttin' in on your club thread....but it came to my attention the number of posts here!...if Raith could translate that into bodies through the turnstyle....say no more!..shows ye how many 'armchair fans you have!...get them out there!!...best of luck....(better not type any more exclamation marks or Nizzy will go AWOL!...I wish!!!!!!!!!!)

(Big blushing red-face)..just noticed this topis started 31/5/2011....missed that...I'll make a discreet exit..:bag

To be fair, the majority of posts in here have been made by a group of 15 - 20 Raith fans. Apparently this is my 361st post in this thread. :ph34r:

Aye, Not sure how to check my posts in this thread but I'll have made a sizeable contribution.

Well, I guess that the club will be delighted to hear that me, and quite probably my mate too will be along to buy season tickets soon. So that should be about £470 into the deficit we can account for. :unsure:

Guys...pardon me for buttin' in on your club thread....but it came to my attention the number of posts here!...if Raith could translate that into bodies through the turnstyle....say no more!..shows ye how many 'armchair fans you have!...get them out there!!...best of luck....(better not type any more exclamation marks or Nizzy will go AWOL!...I wish!!!!!!!! !!)

To be fair, the vast majority don't really give a f**k. Rovers are a fun side product to go to when a game against a half decent SPL team or Dunfermline come to town. Outwith that, they occasionally raise a smile when Jeff Stelling tells them we got a good result, but it's quite hard to get people to part with £17 to watch a game of football, often with a team who don't play to the standards they should be playing at.

Unfortunately I've not managed along to many games this season. The past few years I've got in as a concession but the jump up to £17 is just too much. I can use much less money and, to be honest, have a much better time doing other things. When I have more money to throw about I'll be along to more games but, like most of Kirkcaldy, it's just not worth it.

To be fair, the vast majority don't really give a f**k. Rovers are a fun side product to go to when a game against a half decent SPL team or Dunfermline come to town. Outwith that, they occasionally raise a smile when Jeff Stelling tells them we got a good result, but it's quite hard to get people to part with £17 to watch a game of football, often with a team who don't play to the standards they should be playing at.

Jeezuz mate...that really surprised me !...17quid is a shit load o' cash for a fitba game..I agree..but can say with certainty no Morton fan regards their team as 'a toy product'...I feel a bit sad for true Raith fans if that is the case in Kirkcaldy...fight the good fight!

Aye, Not sure how to check my posts in this thread but I'll have made a sizeable contribution.

Well, I guess that the club will be delighted to hear that me, and quite probably my mate too will be along to buy season tickets soon. So that should be about £470 into the deficit we can account for. :unsure:

Click on the number of replies (it's in blue) and a table comes up.

You're a brave man. I'm half tempted to sell you my season ticket.

With it being reported that Raith made a loss of 80K last season and are excpected to do the same this season, does that mean they're a bunch of cheating b*****ds fielding a team of players they can't afford? How many more are doing this in the 1st Div, and are their fans still spouting the same pish about Livi, or is it ok because they've not gone into admin.........yet.;) .

With it being reported that Raith made a loss of 80K last season and are excpected to do the same this season, does that mean they're a bunch of cheating b*****ds fielding a team of players they can't afford? How many more are doing this in the 1st Div, and are their fans still spouting the same pish about Livi, or is it ok because they've not gone into admin.........yet.;) .

We made such a big loss due to our squad overperforming last year and the club paying out unexpected win bonuses! Your club went bust whilst not even paying basic wages so f**k off with the moral high ground crap. ;)

Spot on

Surely the Trust would be better spent speaking to their boardmember to fidn out important thing like leve of debt on at least a quaterly basis, so none of this would be a shock to anyone.

Its really beyod a joke the state of RRFC, and the stewardship that has happend to the club in the last 28 years, I actually have a copy of the FFP from our centenary which outlines the financial problems we had then and that prodcuing youth players was the only way out.

28 years later we are in the same boat, so is RRFC really a viable business ? and if its not is it time to say 'that's all folks '