The New Raith Rovers Thread

We will be getting a Thomson from Hearts but it won't be Craig

And the good news is that Jason (I'm assuming it would be him) is a right back. :)

I was under the impression that he's quite a regular starter, though?

And the good news is that Jason (I'm assuming it would be him) is a right back. :)

Wont be him, he has signed with the Pars on a 6 month loan.

On loan at Dunfermline. There's a Danny Thomson who is apparently a midfielder. Hmm....

Edit - although having found this article he can play right-back. Could well be our new signing then.

Edited by Paco

Wont be him, he has signed with the Pars on a 6 month loan.

Balls.

Wiki has a Danny Thomson listed, but says he's a midfielder. :(

Beaten to it, I see. Again though, I was under the impression Jason Thomson is quite a regular starter, so I'm surprised to see him loaned out.

Edited by Michael W

Balls.

Wiki has a Danny Thomson listed, but says he's a midfielder. :(

Beaten to it, I see. Again though, I was under the impression Jason Thomson is quite a regular starter, so I'm surprised to see him loaned out.

Hes actually a right back. Pretty sure I remember searching up on how long Balatoni had signed up for, and Thomson in this case had extended his contract around the same time and it mentioned his position.

There - http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100114/two-more-starlets-sign-up_2241384_1932234

So, Craig Thomson isn't signing for us. It'd be a ludicrous decision to sign him and McGlynn is far from stupid. I'm of the opinion that he should get another chance but a large part of that is in acknowledging that his actions were so far beyond acceptable that no Scottish club can risk signing him. If he doesn't accept that fact, he probably doesn't appreciate the gravity of his actions and therefore, hasn't earned his second chance. Bit of a Catch-22 but he can resolve that by going abroad or even down south.

Now, as for the lad Thomson we might be signing. 19 year old, Midfielder / Right Back. Young, can play a couple of positions and in need of a breakthrough season. A McGlynn signing if ever there was.

So, Craig Thomson isn't signing for us. It'd be a ludicrous decision to sign him and McGlynn is far from stupid. I'm of the opinion that he should get another chance but a large part of that is in acknowledging that his actions were so far beyond acceptable that no Scottish club can risk signing him. If he doesn't accept that fact, he probably doesn't appreciate the gravity of his actions and therefore, hasn't earned his second chance. Bit of a Catch-22 but he can resolve that by going abroad or even down south.

Now, as for the lad Thomson we might be signing. 19 year old, Midfielder / Right Back. Young, can play a couple of positions and in need of a breakthrough season. A McGlynn signing if ever there was.

Here's hoping

Fairly poor game on the whole. The first half was half-decent, with us having the better of the play by a small margin. The second half was pretty dire, really.

We looked like we can knock the ball about reasonably well, though whether or not this continues when the matches get competitive remains to be seen. However, we were struggling to create goalscoring opportunities, and we did appear reluctant to take a shot a goal, preferring to look for a pass instead.

Brian Graham looks like a good player. He's not the best in the air considering his height, but his knockdowns are pretty damn good, and he looks decent enough with the ball at his feet. I was quite disappointed when he was subbed, as I felt he'd had a better game than Baird.

I was less impressed with Hamill. It's early days yet, but he in all honesty he looked every inch a centre-midfielder who was forced to play out on the left. Allan Walker, on the other hand, looked much more comfortable in the middle than he does on the right, and it was good seeing him back there. Williamson was far more involved than usual, but his usage of the ball was poor.

Reece Donaldson was hit and miss. In a comparison with Craig Wilson, he loses, but he did have some pretty good interceptions today. Unfortunately, he also got caught up the pitch/out of position at times. I'm not convinced by him, but he deserves another shot certainly.

Good to see Baird keeping up the goals

Thomson came on after half time playing wide right midfield, didnt get much of a chance to do much, but looked pacey and worth a second look, hence why he was listed as trialist I presume. we had Hill and Mcbride out injured tonight which highlighted just how small the squad is, a long season ahead I'm afraid

Average performance tonight. Good first half, Graham and Baird both looked really lively and we made ourselves a few openings. Graham had a marginal offside that he'd tucked away impressively. Williamson surprisingly was picking the ball up in dangerous areas but without fail would do the wrong thing and the attack broke down. Second half was duller despite the goals, ours was a scrappy finish after good work by Hamill and the trialist.

Overall we were OK but not great tonight, Walker looked good as did the front two. Davidson covered ground well particularly in the right-back area but his passing really was awful at times and he was a bit wound up for a friendly. The trialist played well but I'm not sure if he looks right-back material? Hamill was quiet and relatively unimpressive but looks to have a decent delivery.

At least we didn't lose, I suppose...