The New Raith Rovers Thread

He's went OTT with it, and it's a pain in the backside having to hear it every week. The announcer must be sick of having to say all that patronising bullshit.

And for what it's worth, we do have too many stewards, IMO. This is particularly true of the away end.

It's all the stuff about how you can't be doing with swearing. They've tried putting it into a similar context as racism, which is frankly, a load of bollocks. Sure some parents might be a little sensitive, but then what will they do when they get to schools. To try to get rid of people cursing at football games is ridiculous. No point whatsoever.

It's all the stuff about how you can't be doing with swearing. They've tried putting it into a similar context as racism, which is frankly, a load of bollocks. Sure some parents might be a little sensitive, but then what will they do when they get to schools. To try to get rid of people cursing at football games is ridiculous. No point whatsoever.

I agree completely.

I do make an effort not to swear at all/swear minimally when there are small kids sitting in my immediate vicinity, but the whole thing is nonsense. At any rate, anyone offended by bad language should probably go sit in the 'preferred family section' where it will be kept to a minimum (presumably).

I take my four year old boy along on occasion and accept that swearing is part of football and he might learn some unsavoury words/sentences/songs.

A wee bit of savvy goes a long way.

2-0 and you fucked it up is easily turned in to 2-0 and you mucked it up and he came up with his own version of who's the fucking wee team now which went along the lines of who's the ducky pee pee now.

He's going to learn swearing when he gets to school anyway, it's just a matter of him learning when it's appropriate or not.

I take my four year old boy along on occasion and accept that swearing is part of football and he might learn some unsavoury words/sentences/songs.

A wee bit of savvy goes a long way.

2-0 and you fucked it up is easily turned in to 2-0 and you mucked it up and he came up with his own version of who's the fucking wee team now which went along the lines of who's the ducky pee pee now.

He's going to learn swearing when he gets to school anyway, it's just a matter of him learning when it's appropriate or not.

I can further help my 6 year old shouted " you are nothing but a bathtub" lucky it was'nt St Mirren we were playing as this bit of equipment is rarely used in Paisley

If the team go up this year it will for me be the clubs greatest ever achievement. In terms of how far they have come and everything that gas gone on over the last 6-7 years and all with a manager shocked had sweet fa for a budget.

Totally agree, however I am getting a bit tired of McGlynn harping on about our budget and that we are punching above our weight.

Hardly the talk of winners.

Of course we're punching above our weight, i mean honestly can anyone believe the situation we find ourselves in. I for one said at the start of the season that consolidation is key, and even if we don't go up it will have been a successful season. I love the way JMcG has understated our challenge for the title, and if we don't go up then theres always next season. What he's done so far is an absolute miracle, and i've never been happier. It took us so long to get out of the 2nd division and to get here and be within the top 2 positions in the 1st has been fantastic. In John McGlynn we trust.

Edited by baillieinleeds

I know its a requirement but the salt in the air really helps out, like during the last lot of snow there was no sign of it in Kirkcaldy

The day of the recent Partick game there was about 3" of snow up the top of Kirkcaldy. It was like a different town down the bottom end with no snow to be seen.

Undersoil heating is a fanciful notion, not an urgent requirement in my opinion.

I'd rather he was talking us down and portraying us as underdogs to take the pressure off the team. If he was bragging about how we're going go canter the league I'd be worried.

I agree. The team must realise that they are more than good enough to go on and win this now though.

One of my neeburs on facebook posted "BOOM BOOM BOOM, let me hear you say?"

Tade was the first to reply with "ME!".

:lol:

I'd rather he was talking us down and portraying us as underdogs to take the pressure off the team. If he was bragging about how we're going go canter the league I'd be worried.

I would rather he cut the sympathy card, and stated we are top,we have a handful of games left, so we are going for it.

The statements so far, read to me like a ready excuse for failing.

I would rather he cut the sympathy card, and stated we are top,we have a handful of games left, so we are going for it.

The statements so far, read to me like a ready excuse for failing.

Exactly.

Hate to say it, but Saturdays interview gave the impression of a man who is feeling the pressure.