The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:
10 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
He'll either be on a free, or he won't be coming at all

He can't just sign for us then go for nowt surely!Not expecting a massive fee but their has to be something.

We'll get one of our players to write you a thank you email. 

Probably Lewis Milne. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If this is true about this Milne chap then I expect him to be a Dumbarton player by Tuesday.

Maybe this is it. We're having to go after players with FT release clauses so we're not being usurped by Aitken's quest to recruit to improve Scotland's railways.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Maybe this is it. We're having to go after players with FT release clauses so we're not being usurped by Aitken's quest to recruit to improve Scotland's railways.

Don't be surprised if he's got a railway release clause in his contract too....

26 minutes ago, mo83 said:
33 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
He'll either be on a free, or he won't be coming at all

He can't just sign for us then go for nowt surely!Not expecting a massive fee but their has to be something.

Why not? It didn't stop Barry Smith from signing for us as a manager. He signed a contract with East Fife a fortnight before moving to us. We didn't pay compensation for Smith. Could be the same here.

1 hour ago, mealsonwheels said:

Do people forget our famous team from 1994 was made up of journey men and youngsters. Now i'm not trying to compare us to how we were then but it just shows that with the right team spirit and backing from fans that anything is possible!

Even more so the team of 92/93

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I always liked Milne at Cowdenbeath, I seem to remember him scoring a beauty against us at Central Park - perhaps a late consolation? I think him and Gillespie would be a good central pairing. I’m currently out the country and I haven’t heard anything about him signing but that’s not to say it isn’t happening. I’d be happy enough if it were true.

Milne scored a couple of goals I think against Raith.  The best being in a 2-1 win at Starks when he took a throw in, flicked it over his head and then volleyed low into the net.  

Course he can. Release clause if player gets offered FT football. Kind of contracts are quite common.

Decent player but couldn’t get into the Forfar side rightly or wrongly, would expect Raith to be looking at better.

Course he can. Release clause if player gets offered FT football. Kind of contracts are quite common.

Decent player but couldn’t get into the Forfar side rightly or wrongly, would expect Raith to be looking at better.
Take it you know what's written up in the contract as per....

Not a clue about the ins and outs of this no but still funny to see you going on about this though, had totally forgotten about it.
Still good to see you know everything about contracts,Rory loy,Ryan McCord situation and just about got your tuppensworth in every forum on here!!

I was just thinking this myself. I know he was highly rated with the under-20’s, but in his only game for us, he looked extremely nervous for the first half hour, then as far as I can remember, had very little to do after Forfar went down to ten men.

He could end up being absolutely sensational, but at no point in that game did I think he should be our number one.

That’s pretty much my memory of his one and only game. Then again, being extremely nervous and worse didn’t stop Graeme Smith getting a game.

Still good to see you know everything about contracts,Rory loy,Ryan McCord situation and just about got your tuppensworth in every forum on here!!

I literally just said I didn’t. And well yes that’s the Arbroath one, the Raith one and the Dumbarton one I’ve commented on recently. Every forum right enough.

One of Weir's stranger decisions. Milne is a very decent player but was only at Forfar for a short period and barely got a run under Weir's tenure.
I'd rather he was still with us than at another team in our league.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is the Dickster planning on more pitch invasions this year ?

Milne scored a couple of goals I think against Raith.  The best being in a 2-1 win at Starks when he took a throw in, flicked it over his head and then volleyed low into the net.  

IMG_3899.jpg

This was the game I was thinking of.