The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not sure, he's a bit rapey.

Aye, but a guy accused of smashing glass bottles over peoples head is fine.

He wouldn’t be the first guy with a bad boy reputation at the Rovers.

Also, I'd be delighted if we could look down south to try to get players up here. I know it's a long shot as we're probably the worst full time club in the whole of the UK at the moment, but you'd hope there's a few players looking for opportunities. Even Scottish players similar to Murray coming back up.

Also, I'd be delighted if we could look down south to try to get players up here. I know it's a long shot as we're probably the worst full time club in the whole of the UK at the moment, but you'd hope there's a few players looking for opportunities. Even Scottish players similar to Murray coming back up.

We can’t attract guys from the Glasgow area with the wages we’re paying we’re not going to be signing guys from down south.

No doubt he's good enough but it's a PR shitstorm that the club could do without. 

Staying in the league for another season is something this club could really do without.

PR shitstorm? Think it was briefly mentioned in about two Sportsounds this season. Think your over egging it a bit.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Staying in the league for another season is something this club could really do without.

PR shitstorm? Think it was briefly mentioned in about two Sportsounds this season. Think your over egging it a bit.

Nah, I don't think I am. 

We can get out of this league without Goodwillie. 

We can get out of this league without Goodwillie. 

Sure. There’s no question he’d improve us though. I’m sure he’d be keen on a return to full time football and if he’s available I think we should take the opportunity.

43 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I know it was discussed earlier but could Goodwillie be the difference having lost out on Loy? No question he’s good enough. I’d take him over pish like Layne.

There has apparently been 5 managers who have shown an interest in signing him, subsequently told where to go by their 5 chairmen. 

According to the press, Gillespie has picked up 63 bookings without receiving a red in his career.
I reckon even if we're not very good next year, it'll be a laugh watching him, Bene and Davo flying into challenges.

Bizarre to see folk describe Zanatta as murder or not want him back given he had at least half a dozen goals for us over the loan spells. Never hid in games either like Bobby Barr. He also has the benefit of actually being a winger unlike Ross Matthews. 

A lot of people claimed Conroy and Cardle were murder during their times with us despite Conroy notching double figures and Cardle scoring 7/8 goals in his season with us as well..

Zanatta was worse than both players though.