The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Cardle/Flood part is purely just to sell papers and maybe drum up some kind of appetite for season tickets. Two players never going to sign for us but by saying we were talking to them was technically true.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the other two deals fall through. We are bottom of the pile with regards to full time clubs, and a lot of players will earn a good chunk more going part time and getting another job.

The actual of pool of players we can attract id imagine is actually pretty small. We may well regret the decision to stay full time.

The club and FFP could look like absolute idiots tho if we don't see at least one of those names on board.

Edited by CALDERON

Aren’t you guys even just a little worried about the silence coming from Stark’s? It’s almost as bad as what we suffered last season. The decision to stay full time is bold but could really bite you on the arse, a hybrid system would’ve been ideal for you guys.

10 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Aren’t you guys even just a little worried about the silence coming from Stark’s? It’s almost as bad as what we suffered last season. The decision to stay full time is bold but could really bite you on the arse, a hybrid system would’ve been ideal for you guys.

I am, certainly. I suspect the board are still on a learning curve on how to get the playing side right and it'll bite us in the arse this season.

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

According to someone on Fantalk Gillespie signed for us over the weekend. Wonder if we're wanting to reveal a double signing (Layne and Gillespie) instead of revealing them one at a time.

Fixed....

If Grant Gillespie has indeed signed that will be worth the wait.
100+ appearances in the Premiership.

He’s a good player of that there’s no doubt but with the kind of player he is I’m not sure how much of an impact he will actually make. One of they guys that can win the ball back and put a shift in in midfield to allow the better players to play, not sure how much use that would be for a Raith team looking to win the league.