The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ferrie looks very slight for a keeper but McCann has huge hopes for him going on to be our number one. Featured in our last game of the season vs Partick Thistle and got some minutes against Rangers against Ibrox. 
He's turned 20 now so desperately needs minutes. I'd imagine we'd be sending him out with the intention of him getting first team games. He's meant to be quality for the development team. I'd say it's a bigger risk for you guys than it is for him. I'd have thought you'd have went for Kyle Gourlay out of our 2 young keepers as he's had stints in league 1 and 2 with Airdrie and Clyde. 
That being said, in Ferrie's one main appearance, he pulled off a couple of cracking saves and Partick went out with the intention of putting the ball on top of him time and time again (in a post match interview he said he expected this) and dealt with it comfortably. 
Finally, you'll see online he's listed as near the 6ft mark, he doesn't look anything like that when you see him. The type of keeper that still looks like a young laddie. 

Given we’ve already signed Robbie Thomson, I can’t imagine we’re going to sign Ferrie to be first choice.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Given we’ve already signed Robbie Thomson, I can’t imagine we’re going to sign Ferrie to be first choice.

Then I can't imagine you signing Ferrie. 

Ferrie looks very slight for a keeper but McCann has huge hopes for him going on to be our number one. Featured in our last game of the season vs Partick Thistle and got some minutes against Rangers against Ibrox. 
He's turned 20 now so desperately needs minutes. I'd imagine we'd be sending him out with the intention of him getting first team games. He's meant to be quality for the development team. I'd say it's a bigger risk for you guys than it is for him. I'd have thought you'd have went for Kyle Gourlay out of our 2 young keepers as he's had stints in league 1 and 2 with Airdrie and Clyde. 
That being said, in Ferrie's one main appearance, he pulled off a couple of cracking saves and Partick went out with the intention of putting the ball on top of him time and time again (in a post match interview he said he expected this) and dealt with it comfortably. 
Finally, you'll see online he's listed as near the 6ft mark, he doesn't look anything like that when you see him. The type of keeper that still looks like a young laddie. 
If he's as big a disappointment as Wigton you can keep him.

Just now, Gregor147 said:
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If he's as big a disappointment as Wigton you can keep him.

You mean the attacking midfielder who played an instrumental part in us relegating the DABs and in keeping us up in the top flight this season whilst you fucked League One? Fair enough. 

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You mean the attacking midfielder who played an instrumental part in us relegating the DABs and in keeping us up in the top flight this season whilst you fucked League One? Fair enough. 

Doesn't change the fact he was utterly shite for us.

Tbf. Wighton hasn't done much since leaving us aside from that goal against United. Hardly, the maestro which was described by Dundee fans when he first signed. It's understandable why our fans were underwhelmed. He was very young at the time, but we've seen players of a similar age come in and have far more of an impact. For their age, Ryan Hardie looked miles ahead in terms of his development when he came in his first season on loan. 

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Tbf. Wighton hasn't done much since leaving us aside from that goal against United. Hardly, the maestro which was described by Dundee fans when he first signed. It's understandable why our fans were underwhelmed. He was very young at the time, but we've seen players of a similar age come in and have far more of an impact. For their age, Ryan Hardie looked miles ahead in terms of his development when he came in his first season on loan. 

He's been injured for the past season, but he turned our game around when he came back in the last couple of months of the season. 

We get it, the 17 year old laddie had a disappointing 6 months in the Championship. It's not been a reflection of his form with us since then. 

ETA: Wighton is an attacking midfielder and you played him up front and having done a quick check on Hardie, he was 19 whilst with you. Massive difference between a 17 year old and 19 year old, particularly if you played Wighton just off a target man which isn't his game. 

Edited by Ludo*1

He's been injured for the past season, but he turned our game around when he came back in the last couple of months of the season. 
We get it, the 17 year old laddie had a disappointing 6 months in the Championship. It's not been a reflection of his form with us since then. 
ETA: Wighton is an attacking midfielder and you played him up front and having done a quick check on Hardie, he was 19 whilst with you. Massive difference between a 17 year old and 19 year old, particularly if you played Wighton just off a target man which isn't his game. 

Why are you taking offence to us slagging a player off?

He was brutal with us. Regardless of where he was played, you should still be able to see effort and application from him. He was completely lazy with no touch, no control and slowed everything down going forward.

Getting back to Ferrie (as an aside, can we not just sign Mark Ferry again [emoji20] ) it's possible that Smith will tell him and Thomson it's a straight fight for the jersey) rather than Ferrie automatically coming in as an understudy.

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Why are you taking offence to us slagging a player off?

He was brutal with us. Regardless of where he was played, you should still be able to see effort and application from him. He was completely lazy with no touch, no control and slowed everything down going forward.

I'm not taking offence, I came into this thread to give my opinion on a player you've been linked to and in return you started giving our attacking midfielder pelters from a loan spell when he was 17. Just a bit embarrassed by the reaction tbf.

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not taking offence, I came into this thread to give my opinion on a player you've been linked to and in return you started giving our attacking midfielder pelters from a loan spell when he was 17. Just a bit embarrassed by the reaction tbf.

All you Dundee fans were giving it big licks saying he was the next big thing. Then as has previously been mentioned he was utter shite. It was the hype that made him such a disappointment or he would be forgotten about by now like most other loanees we've had.

Now you are in here talking about us loaning another player from you and you are surprised we are reminding you about how disappointing Wighton was? The only one who should be embarrassed here is you. 

Just now, RR #1 said:

All you Dundee fans were giving it big licks saying he was the next big thing. Then as has previously been mentioned he was utter shite. It was the hype that made him such a disappointment or he would be forgotten about by now like most other loanees we've had.

Now you are in here talking about us loaning another player from you and you are surprised we are reminding you about how disappointing Wighton was? The only one who should be embarrassed here is you. 

He still has the potential to be the next big thing. A 6 month disappointing loan spell when he was 17 doesn't change that fact FFS. :lol:

Talking about loaning a 20 year old keeper, almost 4 seasons on from then... Yes, I am surprised that Wighton is being brought up.

For what it's worth, your current manager was one of the main ones that gave Wighton the unnecessary hype he received. I don't necessarily think Wighton will turn out to be an amazing player, but the reaction on here is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If Wighton never scored that goal v United he’d be at us or Forfar by now. Give it a couple of seasons.

No, he wouldn't. Couple of seasons, who knows.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He still has the potential to be the next big thing. A 6 month disappointing loan spell when he was 17 doesn't change that fact FFS. :lol:

Talking about loaning a 20 year old keeper, almost 4 seasons on from then... Yes, I am surprised that Wighton is being brought up.

For what it's worth, your current manager was one of the main ones that gave Wighton the unnecessary hype he received. I don't necessarily think Wighton will turn out to be an amazing player, but the reaction on here is ridiculous.

Potential to be a big player for Lochee United maybe. What has he actually done since that loan spell (apart from single handedly relegating another team)? The websites I'm looking on say he has scored 7 career Dundee goals. 

Just now, RR #1 said:

Potential to be a big player for Lochee United maybe. What has he actually done since that loan spell (apart from single handedly relegating another team)? The websites I'm looking on say he has scored 7 career Dundee goals. 

Since that loan spell he's played almost 50 games of top flight football and single handedly relegated another team (Your words, not mine). Honestly, I get that he was shite for you lads when he was 17 in the league above, and I completely understand that he's still at a point where he can be playing for Lochee United in the next few years. His last couple of months after being out injured for almost the full season suggest that won't be the case though.

My point is I don't see the relevance of Raith fans still being salty about his poor 6 month stint with you when the topic at hand was you being linked to a 20 year old keeper on loan.