The New Raith Rovers Thread

Most realistic one is Cardle. Lives locally, young family. Was rumours we were after a player/coach and he has his Uefa A license.

The others are names we “should” be looking at in terms of stature, but we’re in League 1 and have no money.

Is imagine would be lucky to get 1 of those names.
The lad Loy could be our Shankland though.
Loy has a better track record than Shankland. He scored a load for Falkirk before his move to Dundee. Shankland hadn't done anything really before last season, and I can't see him having the same impact next season as he did as the difference between Championship and league 1 defences is huge.

Tbf, I'd be happy with any of those.

Is imagine would be lucky to get 1 of those names.
The lad Loy could be our Shankland though.

Loy would score more than Shankland. He’s a far better player. It wasn’t that long ago that Loy was banging in 20+ goals a season in the championship.

I can’t see him signing for us though. Mainly due to the money thing. It didn’t quite work out for him at Falkirk last season though( the worst full time side in the championship). If he wants to remain full time, we’re probably the only side to have offered him a deal.

Cardle is the only one I can see us signing though.

Is Willo Flood going into coaching as well actually?
We have lost 2 coaches in the last couple of weeks so would make sense if we were looking at giving 2 players their first steps into coaching here. Cardle and Flood would probably meet that criteria.

Anyone take a photo of the article? Some one on fantalk posted that it’s Loy and Gilliespie that are close to agreeing deals.

Spoke to Cardle and Flood, but the poster says they “had” better offers elsewhere. If he means “has” then you never know..

Also McKinnon swooped in last minute to sign Charlie Telfer. He had agreed a deal here...

Another reason now to hate Wee Ray...

On Fantalk we had agreed a deal with Charlie Telfer until Morton came in with an offer at the last minute. Both Cardle and Flood have had better offers thus far. Gillespie and Loy close to signing. 3 to 4 trialists coming into pre-season training.

If we’re looking at these sorts of players then I’m suspecting Vaughan might be away which will have freed up cash. Wouldn’t have thought any of these named players would come cheaply and we’re meant to be offering borderline part time wages. Still, if this is the calibre of player we’re trying to attract at our level then fair play. Like others 1 or 2 might be it from those names.

9 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Bracing myself for: 

• Smith says we're going after an exciting player like Aiden Connolly but we need funds
  • Club asks fans to buy season tickets
  • A few supporters but season tickets
  • Connolly signs for Morton to join Ray McKinnon
  • Fans left in a mix of rage and disappointment. 

34 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Anyone take a photo of the article? Some one on fantalk posted that it’s Loy and Gilliespie that are close to agreeing deals.

Spoke to Cardle and Flood, but the poster says they “had” better offers elsewhere. If he means “has” then you never know..

Also McKinnon swooped in last minute to sign Charlie Telfer. He had agreed a deal here...

Another reason now to hate Wee Ray...

Oh, so we're just skipping the first few steps now and moving onto the final two (admittedly, not the same player but it would've been a good signing)... 

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Oh, so we're just skipping the first few steps now and moving onto the final two (admittedly, not the same player but it would've been a good signing)... 

A wee birdy told me last week we were speaking to Telfer actually but kept it quiet on here. So you should thank me for saving you that mix of rage and disappointment. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Typicalrovers said:

FFP says we are in talks with Willo Flood, Joe Cardle, Rory Loy and ex Hamilton Grant Gillespie.

As good as in the bag.

Well. Other than agreeing wages..........

Any of them would be good signings, but Loy would be an absolute cracker. 

If you get Loy and we just merge our two clubs then we'll stroll this Division.