The New Raith Rovers Thread

If the 3 players he's on about includes the additional goalkeeper and forward mentioned by Cuthbert and Smith then we're done for. We're at least one full back short and need at least three midfielders. 

I know a lack of keepers has bitten us on the arse in the past but surely if Brian is still with us he’s adequate back up. Hopefully this additional keeper and forward talk is rubbish.

If we had a real crisis again would Cuthbert not be able to register himself?

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I know a lack of keepers has bitten us on the arse in the past but surely if Brian is still with us he’s adequate back up. Hopefully this additional keeper and forward talk is rubbish.

I was just about to quote your previous post to say the same thing :lol:

There is no justification for having 3 keepers on the books when we're running such a tight squad numbers wise. 

Hopefully the 3 additional signings doesn't include a replacement for Robertson and a couple of loans on top. That would be manageable.

23 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

His actual words were that we're three players short of having a full squad. That's frightening.

Love the work that Davie Hancock and the rest do but surely that comment deserved a follow up/clarification?

Can someone PLEASE show this to Barry Smith..

My goodness, this is absolutely sensational! Over nine minutes of solid gold Martin Hugo Prest, featuring about six minutes of him missing, and with a pumping dance track to boot.

The keepie-uppies in a back garden whilst wearing an oversized Raith Rovers shell-suit is also a highlight.

My goosebumps have goosebumps. Thank-you JinglinGeordie.

Knowing Smith he'll probably move Davo to centre mid and play Matthews wide right.

Robertson has apparently rejected Arbroath and decided to retire as they didn't want him to also be a coach at the same time. He's going to be U18s coach at United by all accounts.

I did mention over a month ago as well that I'd heard Brian was off but nobody really picked up on it. Talk of another keeper would make sense then.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Assuming Robertson is away:

Thompson

??? - Davo - Bene - Murray

??? - ??? - ??? - Vaughan

Duggan - Buchanan

Alternatively, we could play a slightly different formation, with the same players, more similar to the formation that saw us out of this league a number of years ago:

Thompson

Davo - Bene - Murray

??? - Matthews - ??? - ???

Buchanan - Duggan - Vaughan

Still means we really need 3 midfielders, a goalkeeper if Brian is away and some cover up top. The young players should be able to cover the rest. 

9 minutes ago, piebob said:

Alternatively, we could play a slightly different formation, with the same players, more similar to the formation that saw us out of this league a number of years ago:

Thompson

Davo - Bene - Murray

??? - Matthews - ??? - ???

Buchanan - Duggan - Vaughan

Still means we really need 3 midfielders, a goalkeeper if Brian is away and some cover up top. The young players should be able to cover the rest. 

Too sensible, logical and above all basically too innovative for Baz.

Thomson

New keeper

Watson

McKay

Davidson

Murray

Benedictus

Matthews

Berry

Stevenson

Vaughan

Buchanan

Duggan

Add in the keeper, 1 midfielder and this 4th striker and that’s 16.

16 isn’t enough surely?

A good number of that 16 will have to also turn out for the reserves in midweek, even with all the apprentices a few injuries and suspensions will devastate a squad that size I’d have thought.

Edited by Scottydog

16 isn’t enough surely?
A good number of that 16 will have to also turn out for the reserves in midweek, injuries and suspensions will devastate a squad that size I’d have thought.

Unless he means we’ll bring in 3 new signed players with the option to bolster the squad with loans.

Maybe Smith plans to use Davo and/or Vaughan in midfield. With Duggan, and Buchanan and another striker in advanced talks I can see that happening.