The New Raith Rovers Thread

At least we're not going down the Gary Locke route of signing our biggest squad in decades that turned out to be utterly shambolic and/or new signings that didn't even get on the pitch. 
I think the worry comes from the fact other teams have been signing players, some teams with their squads pretty much finished, and we're sitting with only 6 players at the moment. I'm fluctuating between being worried at the lack of signing news to then being a bit more positive that we're simply wanting to get the right players in rather than just go doolally by signing any old jobber.

There’s also the possibility a lot of guys are holding out for better. Dumbarton and Alloa are snapping up players now as they’re the best option for any part time players. Fair enough. The guys desperate to stay full time are probably waiting for a Championship club, if and when that doesn’t emerge then we may well have more options.

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There’s also the possibility a lot of guys are holding out for better. Dumbarton and Alloa are snapping up players now as they’re the best option for any part time players. Fair enough. The guys desperate to stay full time are probably waiting for a Championship club, if and when that doesn’t emerge then we may well have more options.

I would hope that any potential signings are being enticed with the possibility of winning a title in a winning team rather than getting pumped most weeks in a relegation scrap and maybe ending up down here anyway. 

I would hope that any potential signings are being enticed with the possibility of winning a title in a winning team rather than getting pumped most weeks in a relegation scrap and maybe ending up down here anyway. 

We can all dream but we know fine well money talks.

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

????

"I only ask he reaches out to all Rovers supporters, which I don't think any of the recent directors have done  at all. "

Sorry I should have put that end bit in bold to make it clearer, I don't think ANY of the reps have communicated nearly enough with the fans.

Hopefully Andy Mill will be different.

1 hour ago, johnnymac said:

It’s probably not that we cant match the wages though. It’s probably that we can’t match the wage of a job outside football and a decent pt wage. If players want to go or stay full time then it puts us in pole position. Also let’s wait until we see who we sign until we all start moaning our pus off. We are not in the same market as the other teams in this league

Barry Smith said that some PT teams were matching our offers, which I took to mean what the football club was offering rather than outside earnings. 

48 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

"I only ask he reaches out to all Rovers supporters, which I don't think any of the recent directors have done  at all. "

Sorry I should have put that end bit in bold to make it clearer, I don't think ANY of the reps have communicated nearly enough with the fans.

Hopefully Andy Mill will be different.

They've not! you are spot on.

Andy will have a decent opportunity to do that with his role at the 200 club, but its equally if not more important he reaches out to fans outwith the 200 club.

That’s a valid point, you just hear a lot grumbling in the work place and out and about. A lot of unhappy faces with regards to the plastic pitch and where best to use the money.

The money for the pitch was ring fenced though it was NEVER going to be used on the squad. If come the league cup games we have eight or nine players, then is the time to worry not at the start of bloody june

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I won't be placated until I've seen a picture of Chris Duggan sitting on some random piece of plant at Starks in a Rovers top and safety helmet 

wooshed past on the train - he was there, laying some new drainage

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I won't be placated until I've seen a picture of Chris Duggan sitting on some random piece of plant at Starks in a Rovers top and safety helmet 

:lol:

Chris 'the second coming' Duggan.  My F5 button is smashed with all the page refreshing....

10 minutes ago, renton said:

:lol:

Chris 'the second coming' Duggan.  My F5 button is smashed with all the page refreshing....

May be a good signing but it's going to be quite underwhelming given he's been talked about for weeks. I've just checked Twitter and he only follows three football clubs: East Fife, Celtic, and us. It must be a cert.