The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

I’m sure budgets have been cut

They seem to have been. Bobby Barr mentioned in the Tell Him He's Pele podcast that he had a 25% pay-cut after relegation from the Championship and then was told by Smith that any new deal for next season would have been on reduced wages again.

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Regarding Spence , it’s clear that smith just didn’t  rate him after Xmas because he hardly featured in the first 11 also it’s easy to tell a player that it’s down to budget rather than his ability or his type of player. Also I’m sure budgets have been cut but if Alloa can offer more than us it’s a worrying situation regardless if Alloa are in the championship because they still would only be averaging less than 1600 a home game

I don't think Alloa will have offered him more, it is simply that the Rovers can't afford enough to make it worth a players while staying full time. See Jason Thomson for another example.

4 hours ago, true_rover said:
4 hours ago, Brashy said:
New signing incoming...

Tomorrow afternoon, let 24 hours of wild speculation commence! (Even if it will probably be one of the couple of names mentioned already)

Might even be more than one player....

In my view Spence is a better player at this level than Duggan, although Duggan by the sounds of it would've better suited Smith's style of play. 

I don't however think Spence is good enough for the Championship. 

As mentioned, signing news tomorrow. Will it just be the 1 player or several like at once?
As for candidates, Buffon is free, and we need a keeper... Lichtsteiner has signed for Arsenal, so that rules him it out of filling the right back position.
Fingers crossed it’s several signings, I don’t really know/recall much of Duggan during the 4 games that season, he wasn’t a player I felt that stood out by a margin on my memory of the games, if it’s purely just him it’ll be a bit of anticlimactic announcement.

As for these “home games” at Bayview, does anyone know when the pitch installation was due to be completed? Is it on track for said completion date?

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

Rumour has it that we will sign 2 if not 3 players tomorrow. Neither duggan or thomson have been mentioned.

Who has been mentioned?

7 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Even if i could i wouldnt, cause its only a rumour, but it came from a mate who regularily contacts me over here and he is usually in  the know. Just wait and see.:whistle

Are the rumoured players worth the wait or just the usual journey men.

Even if i could i wouldnt, cause its only a rumour, but it came from a mate who regularily contacts me over here and he is usually in  the know. Just wait and see.:whistle

How excited are you about the potential signings? Good? Bad? Indifferent?