The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ross Forbes been released by Morton. I mind him being absolutely dynamite a few years back, scoring about 15 goals and setting up loads, too. No idea what he’s been like the past few seasons but hopefully we’re casting our eye over him given our dearth of midfielders.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ross Forbes been released by Morton. I mind him being absolutely dynamite a few years back, scoring about 15 goals and setting up loads, too. No idea what he’s been like the past few seasons but hopefully we’re casting our eye over him given our dearth of midfielders.

Was thinking this yesterday. I'd be delighted if we could get him. Scored plenty from free kicks that season. If we could get someone of that experience then I hope he'd be excellent. 

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Was thinking this yesterday. I'd be delighted if we could get him. Scored plenty from free kicks that season. If we could get someone of that experience then I hope he'd be excellent. 

From what I can remember he was decent at delivering cross balls from corners and free kicks. 

Much as I like Vaughan as a player, there is no consistency with his set piece deliveries and I think that's something that needs addressed for next season. 

On 01/06/2018 at 22:31, tazz1903 said:

A club of similar stature to ourselves ?  LOL  . Livingston are in the SPFL , You clowns are in league 1 , beside the rest of the DIDDY clubs . Time for a reality check me thinks . :eek:

As the new boss of scottish football mr maxwell says and i quote from Raith Rovers in league 1 to St Johnstone in the premier theres not much difference in the size of these clubs.

Proof that Bobby is definitely 'punching'

Bobby’s not an ugly wee scroat. Him and his missus looking good there. Congratulations to them.

No doubt he’ll get his mojo back at his next club after being the latest to be Rovered at Stark’s Park.

16 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

As the new boss of scottish football mr maxwell says and i quote from Raith Rovers in league 1 to St Johnstone in the premier theres not much difference in the size of these clubs.

A clubs size doesn't determine what league they are in its part luck and part how the club is run run that makes  the difference.

Michael Doyle also released from Morton, would be a decent signing for RB if possible
Would hope he is someone barry has at least attempted to speak to. Think he would be an improvement on thomson.

Seing the teams in this league signing players isn't too much of a concern. We're basically shopping in a different market. It may take longer but we will hopefully get who we need to get us up for next season.

12 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Don't be surprised if goodwin has him back there too!

Apparently we aren't offering much more FT than what some teams are offering on a PT basis. Being in the Championship I'd expect Alloa to be one of the teams making the matching offers. 

Adds an interesting dimension - we are ultimately "last chance saloon" for players trying to stay in FT football.