The New Raith Rovers Thread

McKinnon did an excellent job in his time here, and is distinguished by being the only Raith Rovers manager ever to win a play-off fixture.  We still got punted out, right enough, but for once things felt like we were on the right road. 

The nature of his departure has however left a bitter taste. Ironically, it was also the one instance where the club actually tried to stand in someone's way and tried to convince him to stay. 

Paul Gilfillan sounds like Graeme Souness

I thought that exact same!

All 4 came across well and would be good appointments.

The big question mark remians...

will the board allow them to effect change or is it a token effort position on the board?

Not sure what went wrong at Utd but suspect Morton would be a better match with more realistic expectations. Could very well have them competing near the top of the Championship. 

As soon as McKinnon started off playing Toshney at right back for United I suspected he had lost the plot. He was a pretty average right back for us. I suspect he’s quite stubborn and just thinks he’s always right.

I would split McKinnon’s season into thirds. The first third saw us going on a winning run of home games that equalled some record from the 1930s.

Then we had the usual clocks go back shitey middle third. That middle third was as shite as anything under Grant Murray. Humping long hopeful balls to a John Daly who was ready for the knackers yard. Awful to watch and completely ineffective. Wighton and Daly were both shite for us. Can’t believe the send off we gave John Daly.

Then he brought some great players in and we had a great final third of the season. Excellent football and plenty of good results against decent opponents. Truly the best time to be supporting Rovers since the ‘90s.

I thought that exact same!

All 4 came across well and would be good appointments.

The big question mark remians...

will the board allow them to effect change or is it a token effort position on the board?

All the previous ones have been ‘tokens’. Not sure why this one will be any different.

30 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Can’t believe the send off we gave John Daly.

Major gripe with the club actually.  It was ridiculous we gave Daly the sendoff we did, while legends like McGurn got nothing. Same goes even for good servants like Grant Anderson. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Kin, even just a snippet at the end like “several new signings to follow, we’ll keep you posted” would have wetted the appetite a wee bit.

We may well be keeping our cards very close to our chest, but I can't help but think the only signing even close to completion is Duggan. I realise it's not even June yet but I find it a tad concerning.

We may well be keeping our cards very close to our chest, but I can't help but think the only signing even close to completion is Duggan. I realise it's not even June yet but I find it a tad concerning.

In this day and age it’s nigh on impossible for strong rumours not to get leaked but apart Duggan there’s pretty much heehaw doing the rounds.