The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Yer in the same league as us , Arbroath , Forfar, Montrose, stenhousemuir  , stranraer,         YER NO A BIG CLUB       . how many times ? :unsure2:

Calm down FFS min, Everything is relative on here.

We know we're not a big club but compared to the Fife we are feckin Galacticos.

Yer in the same league as us , Arbroath , Forfar, Montrose, stenhousemuir  , stranraer,         YER NO A BIG CLUB       . how many times ? :unsure2:
It's not the league we're in that matters. We're going to have the best pitch in Scotland next season and I would expect a fair few SPL standard players to sign up just because of that.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
2 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

It's not the league we're in that matters. We're going to have the best pitch in Scotland next season and I would expect a fair few SPL standard players to sign up just because of that.

:thumsup2  I'm sure you will . Good luck with that . ;)  

Apparently East Fife are trying to sign Thomson now, along with Spence.

With the time that's passed since the contracts were offered, unless they're on holiday you'd have to think that it's starting to look unlikely that the remaining out of contract players will sign a new deal now.

Hearing that Easton to Utd is virtually done and Robertson likely to follow as U20s coach.

Would lend some weight to the rumours that Easton and Robertson were marginalised by Smith, although I suppose they'd probably make this move regardless.

Would lend some weight to the rumours that Easton and Robertson were marginalised by Smith, although I suppose they'd probably make this move regardless.
It's also why I don't believe Smith would ever bring in a more experienced assistant. He wants yes folk beside him.

It'd be a shame to see Easton go. Seemed a popular guy at the club, and by all accounts has gone above and beyond to try to help us move forward. Also seems really intelligent based off some of the stuff he's actually written for articles and things.  The one decision made in the Summer of Locke which was correct. 

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It'd be a shame to see Easton go. Seemed a popular guy at the club, and by all accounts has gone above and beyond to try to help us move forward. Also seems really intelligent based off some of the stuff he's actually written for articles and things.  The one decision made in the Summer of Locke which was correct. 

See the source image

Same story about Bene also in the FFP plus Smith confirms he has agreed terms with an out of contract striker currently out of the country (must be Duggan), we'll be running a squad of 16 first team players plus the development players, Robertson and Easton are talking to Dundee United and Cuthbert is also out of contract and hasn't agreed a new deal yet.

clipping16.jpg

Surely the players will be given a deadline to sign or not. 

Personally, I wouldn't be hanging about for Thompson. Good servant to the club but he's no longer the marauding RB that we used to have. 

Fair goals haul for his position last season but we can't let that paper over the fact that his legs look gone.