The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just making sure I've got this right seen as other teams have started signing players but am I right in saying contracts expire on the 31st May and official signings can't be done until the 1st June? Hopefully the lack of signing talk at our end thus far is due to us taking our time to get the right personnel in rather than hoovering up any random jobber that's available. 

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Just making sure I've got this right seen as other teams have started signing players but am I right in saying contracts expire on the 31st May and official signings can't be done until the 1st June? Hopefully the lack of signing talk at our end thus far is due to us 1) taking our time to get the right personnel in rather than 2) hoovering up any random jobber that's available. 

1) That's what I think we try to achieve.

2) That's what we'll end up doing regardless.

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Just making sure I've got this right seen as other teams have started signing players but am I right in saying contracts expire on the 31st May and official signings can't be done until the 1st June? Hopefully the lack of signing talk at our end thus far is due to us taking our time to get the right personnel in rather than hoovering up any random jobber that's available. 

June 9th?

Aye, I’ve never actually muted anyone on here before, even Wasps1, but that’s going to have to change.

Anyway, my Mount Rushmore would be Davie Sinclair, Hamish McAlpine, Paquito, and an action shot of Dougie Hill crushing Josh Falkingham’s larynx.

I still love big Dougie can we not just bring him and mango back from Dumbarton...........and while we are at it give the witch a part time contract he can fill in when the inevitable goal keeping crisis rears its ugly head again. We never have a "full time" keeper now anyway.

I still love big Dougie can we not just bring him and mango back from Dumbarton...........and while we are at it give the witch a part time contract he can fill in when the inevitable goal keeping crisis rears its ugly head again. We never have a "full time" keeper now anyway.

Dougie Hill got released by Dumbarton last week so there is nothing stopping us from bringing him in.

So of the three guys we've offered contracts to, Benedictus, Thomson and Robertson, I wonder if only Bene might sign back on.  he's young enough to try and make a go of full time , but spent long enough out last year for us to probably be his best bet of a contract as we at least know his capabilities. On the other hand both Thomson and Robertson are getting long in the tooth, Thomson was already doing a business degree, and helping out in the office - not a huge jump to think he might want to go PT while he sets himself up for after football, and rumours of him to Arbroath (who'd pay a decent PT wage) have been doing the rounds for a while. Robertson might be a similar story. He isn't getting any younger, his injury record is a concern and he'd already been getting into coaching, helping out Easton with the development squad, that we've now canned. if a club came and offered him a PT playing job alongside a coaching/assistant manager job - not unlikely either - he'd be in a decent position to accept....