The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

A stadium within close proximity of the retail park would be ideal. 

Easy to get to for travelling fans with a choice of pubs or eateries close by. 

I'd hope that a new stadium would have home and away bars that sold food too. 

Pie in the sky just now and for the foreseeable future unfortunately. 

Problem is that such a location will have a high rental/purchase cost.

FFP saying that Euan Murray has signed a new deal and expected to be announced soon, great news if true.  Other players that have been offered new deals have better financial offers on table from other clubs so its a wait and see with them. 

We are also looking at a goalie whos dad has Raith connections.  Only one I can link of is Robbie Thomson who would be a good signing.

2 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

FFP saying that Euan Murray has signed a new deal and expected to be announced soon, great news if true.  Other players that have been offered new deals have better financial offers on table from other clubs so its a wait and see with them. 

We are also looking at a goalie whos dad has Raith connections.  Only one I can link of is Robbie Thomson who would be a good signing.

Delighted with Robbie Thomson if true, FFP to dig out photo of him as a newly born before the cup final, when/if he signs.

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

A stadium within close proximity of the retail park would be ideal. 

Easy to get to for travelling fans with a choice of pubs or eateries close by. 

I'd hope that a new stadium would have home and away bars that sold food too. 

Pie in the sky just now and for the foreseeable future unfortunately. 

Starks isn't difficult to get to and it's only a short walk from town centre, bus station and more importantly the train station. 

22 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Starks isn't difficult to get to and it's only a short walk from town centre, bus station and more importantly the train station. 

This. It'd be utterly brutal to get a train through to the game, only to have to wait for a bus or get a taxi to a stadium up to the top of the town.

Can only really see Bene getting better offers from other clubs tbh. Thomson is rumoured as well of course but to Arbroath. Scott Robertson spent half the season injured and has a coaching role so can’t see him being off and surely nobody would be in for Davo, who’s not getting any younger and is almost a part of the furniture at Stark’s. Hope we don’t lose Bene and on balance would like to keep Davo and Robertson but wouldn’t be overly fussed if either of those two left.

So so far we have Murray, Buchanan, McKay, Vaughan and Matthews for next season + the U20s.

Sure I read in an interview with Bene not long after the playoffs that he was keen to stay. Also if we sign Thomson then Brian is more than adequate as a back up so for that reason hopefully one of the players attracting attention elsewhere is Lennox. Think it's quite imperative we hold onto Davo and assuming we can keep Robertson fit he'll be a handy player at this level. 

I'm sure we have this "should we move to a new stadium" debate every close season before we have any signing news to moan about. As much as I can see the failings of Stark's Park - I'd far rather stay there (plastic pitch and all) than have an out of town stadium.