The New Raith Rovers Thread

From an outside point of view, anyone defending Drysdale is clueless.

Rovers have been fairly fortunate in having some good managers over the years, most notably MacKinnon and McGlynn, this has created some on-field success which has masked a lot of the off-field shenanigans.

Drysdale shouldn't have survived the Anelka episode imo. Jokers like that allowed Masterton to almost run us into the ground.

I really hope Smith can use the loan market more effectively this season. Zanatta on his day could terrorize defences, he was just too inconsistent and a bit lightweight. Hendry on the other hand was a fighter and always looked to get the ball and play but never featured until March. 

If you look at what Alloa did in January,  getting Stewart and Kirkpatrick on loan who both massively improved the team, it's a wonder why we couldn't bring in these types of players. 

From an outside point of view, anyone defending Drysdale is clueless.
Rovers have been fairly fortunate in having some good managers over the years, most notably MacKinnon and McGlynn, this has created some on-field success which has masked a lot of the off-field shenanigans.
Drysdale shouldn't have survived the Anelka episode imo. Jokers like that allowed Masterton to almost run us into the ground.

The fact he's managed to find a way into the Dundee set up tells you all you need to know about him. A cockroach of the highest order.

I really hope Smith can use the loan market more effectively this season. Zanatta on his day could terrorize defences, he was just too inconsistent and a bit lightweight. Hendry on the other hand was a fighter and always looked to get the ball and play but never featured until March. 
If you look at what Alloa did in January,  getting Stewart and Kirkpatrick on loan who both massively improved the team, it's a wonder why we couldn't bring in these types of players. 

We didn't have goodwins contacts for them. Going by what sim said in his interview hendry just wasn't ready for first team football to begin with. Maybe needed to toughen up a bit. When he did come in I thought he was a great asset to have

Re Thomson, no issues at all with him leaving assuming we can find someone better in that position mind you. His marauding runs have all but dried up and he’s one of the worst culprits for our hoofball style last season.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Has this SuperHans explained the whole "my song was posting" pish yet? Anything he says should be null and void otherwise.

We've all posted stupid things on P&B m8, just come clean.

He hasn't exactly been waxing lyrical about it.

Has this SuperHans explained the whole "my song was posting" pish yet? Anything he says should be null and void otherwise.

Already been challenged about his lyrics on here by myself and a few others.

I wouldn’t be too disappointed to see Thomson go. He’s been a great servant but probably better he goes now before his stock drops further in fans eyes and damages the way he’s remembered. He’ll certainly suit Dick Campbell’s style of football!
There doesn’t seem to be too many replacements jumping out though, decent right backs seem to be pretty thin on the ground which maybe edges me towards wanting him to stay. Is the lad Ballantyne that was on loan at Montrose and just been released by Dundee United a right back? He might be a decent option, highly rated by the Montrose fans.

Hands off Cammy[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

17 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Simply, no, no he hasn't. You'll likely get a green dot for referencing it, but he's not actually mentioned a single thing about it since. No idea why you'd not simply create a new account. 

:lol: The only link I've seen for us and M'Voto is one of those twitter accounts which says "Player x is linked with a surprise move to club x". There was one earlier saying Craig Moore turned down Hearts to stay with Ayr on the back of a £100k bid...Moore was out of contract.

It’s a good interview. Don’t agree with everything Sim says but I certainly appreciated the honesty and transparency which is something we’ve lacked for a long time. It may be controversial and It’ll not happen anytime soon for a number of reasons but if we ever had the opportunity to leave Starks and move to a 7000/7500 capacity purpose built stadium I would jump at the chance. As much as I love Stark’s the place seems to be falling apart and the lack of room for expansion and development of facilities is really hampering us.

ETA: Also, credit to the Raith TV guys once again, can’t be easy but I think all the important questions we asked.

dont leave starks, worst move raith could do.The two big stands are fine just need some sort of new stands/stand even along the side of the pitch  i am sure am right in saying every airdrie fan would love to still be at broomfield.