The New Raith Rovers Thread

Some decent news so far on the clear out, only one I’d have considered keeping would be Spence but it’s never really worked out for him at Rovers and with Buchanan signed he was always gone. We need to be looking at players being released from teams above us that could do a job in this league. Got to avoid injury prone players too as our squad will be fairly thin again this year.

Some decent news so far on the clear out, only one I’d have considered keeping would be Spence but it’s never really worked out for him at Rovers and with Buchanan signed he was always gone. We need to be looking at players being released from teams above us that could do a job in this league. Got to avoid injury prone players too as our squad will be fairly thin again this year.

Injury prone like Kyle Wilkie and mark lamont [emoji6]

2 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

What’s folks views on Furtado?

A regular I work with found it strange he never started some of the crucial games nearer the end of the season.

Would you take him back again?

I can't possibly rate any footballer who looks fatter than me. 

Right so we need G Smith to confirm his retirement pronto which would cap off a tremendous day. Personally I’d be neither up nor down if Thomson, Herron, Lennox and Robertson were released as well but my gut feeling is the news thus far in terms of players not offered deals will be it.

"That's the fucking left back" as an Ayr fan put

I thought he was excellent the day that they stopped us winning the league. Would definitely look at taking him. Might depend if alloa go up and what hibs plan to do with him next season.

Just now, buchan30 said:

I thought he was excellent the day that they stopped us winning the league. Would definitely look at taking him. Might depend if alloa go up and what hibs plan to do with him next season.

I'd be surprised if Hibs offer him a new deal. He'd have his pick as I'd imagine a few top end Championship teams would be looking at him. 

7 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd be surprised if Hibs offer him a new deal. He'd have his pick as I'd imagine a few top end Championship teams would be looking at him. 

he has left hibs  he is a free agent , he wil not be short of offers , Ayr fans also rate him ...