The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think it’s just realism setting in. I’d rather he had been replaced but he’s not been so got to at least get behind him and give him the chance. 

The only thing that would make me change my approach is if he re-signs that little shitebag Bobby Barr

Have heard Duggan is signing along with Kyle Wilkie as well.

A quick wiki because I don’t know who Kyle Wilkie is, comes across as rancid. Does anyone know anything different? Says midfielder, but what type?
Duggan seems a decent signing however, if true.

After all the slagging for EF fans it would be highly amusing if we nabbed these players and they helped win us promotion

Don't see how!!!
All slagging you have received has been for the past season where you shat the bed, big time, it's pretty much recognised that as being the ONLY full time side in the Division next season you should walk it, even with Agent Smith and any of our castoffs!!!

In reality, appointing a new boss would have put us a good few weeks behind the curve when it comes to new signings etc.

Massive, massive pressure on Smith and its starts now with his recruitment.

28 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Sim in the paper saying that selling Callachan was his choice... Because he couldn't stand in the boy's way!

Think I might scream.

its a crap thing for us to hear as fans, but in reality, should we be standing in the way of a guy being offered the chance of an opportunity at a premier league club?

I'd love us to have kept Callachan, I'd love us to keep Vaughan as well, but I can see the bigger picture, and if Vaughan is offered a similar chance, as longs as we are compensated accordingly, I think for the benefit of his career its time he moved on.

56 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Sim in the paper saying that selling Callachan was his choice... Because he couldn't stand in the boy's way!

Think I might scream.

What chance have we got when this pish comes straight from the top? 

44 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Think I might scream.

Haha, yes I did hope we’d seen the last of that catchphrase..... however, I have to admit his quote did give me some optimism for the future (reading between the lines, in the name of optimism, a bit!) in that:

a) We saw a board member take responsibility for a decision many fans felt was controversial / unpopular

b) He acknowledged that he made that decision, thinking it was the right thing to do at the time, presumably for financial reasons as well as “we can’t stand in his way” (can we call it WCSIHW?).... though, with hindsight, maybe it wasn’t right for our promotion prospects or it would have been ok had Callachan been adequately replaced

My point being, that it felt refreshing for someone to put their hands up and acknowledge ownership of decisions and their impact - he used the words “learning curve” a few times. Its a start anyway!

27 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

its a crap thing for us to hear as fans, but in reality, should we be standing in the way of a guy being offered the chance of an opportunity at a premier league club?

I'd love us to have kept Callachan, I'd love us to keep Vaughan as well, but I can see the bigger picture, and if Vaughan is offered a similar chance, as longs as we are compensated accordingly, I think for the benefit of his career its time he moved on.

We absolutely should've "stood in his way" unless the fee was worth it - which I highly doubt. 

Bearing in mind that "not standing in his way" meant "standing in our way" of being promoted...

We can have no complaints about selling players who do well for us, particularly when it’s clubs as big as Hearts who come in for them. To be honest it would be disgusting to flat out deny Ross Callachan, who had been with us for ten years, a move where he’ll at least quadruple his wage and play in the Premiership.

It absolutely has to be a good deal for Raith Rovers though. Hiding behind undisclosed fees will always give the impression that it wasn’t a good deal for the club - as will statements about not standing in the way.

Maybe the club will understand that eventually.

Would suit Smith's style but further confirmation if needed that we're going to be awful to watch next season.

Hearing Spence is away to Arbroath as well.

Where did you hear that?

I’d be over the moon. The amount of chances we’ve created over the season that Spence would lap up.

What positions can they play? 

Duggan is a fantastic ball playing right back, whilst Willie should be playing at a higher level between the sticks!!!