The New Raith Rovers Thread

Oh dear.....message to me from Ding Dang Doo...........Has to resort to bullying a schoolboy.. ....
Would you call me a wee keyboard warrior to my face? Don't fucking start things you ain't going to win wee boy.

Bullying?!? Don't make me laugh. I asked a simple question. You've called me a "keyboard warrior", for which I asked you privately would you say that to my face...and now a bully cause I sent you a message. I tried to keep this private as I didn't want any kind of argument going public so it seems like you're the bully here.

The prize money for finishing bottom isn't that big and brechins crowds won't have been bigger. Instead if 2000 rovers fans coming thru to methil we should just give the money direct to the rovers we don't need a big away support to beat u lot.
You don't get 2000 home supporters so yer post doesn't make sense! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread! 50k a year for Buchanan they say? It just keeps getting better. #roaringback

1 hour ago, east fife for life said:
18 hours ago, Frank conner said:
The prize money for finishing bottom isn't that big and brechins crowds won't have been bigger. Instead if 2000 rovers fans coming thru to methil we should just give the money direct to the rovers we don't need a big away support to beat u lot.

You don't get 2000 home supporters so yer post doesn't make sense! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread! 50k a year for Buchanan they say? It just keeps getting better. #roaringback

They lost nearly 3000 fans in a week and with reduced prices............. what does that say???

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

The vast majority of fans don’t post on here, so I ain’t trawling back to prove a point. I’m a season ticket holder and go home and away I work in a large organisation in which I’m surrounded by many Rovers fans you Stevo are an East Fife fan who base your opinion on reading comments from about 20 rovers fans that post regular on this forum so you don’t know what your talking about.

Since yourself and King Kebab are obsessed with everything Raith Rovers I actually might be wrong with the above as you appear to know more about Raith Rovers than actual Rovers fans.

C'mon now Basher. We all know we're talking about the world of P&B and that was my point of reference. Its obvious  that the "vast majority" probably don't post on here, you silly Billy.

And if I don't know what I'm talking about then why would I appear to know more about Raith Rovers than actual Rovers fans?:blink:

Make your mind up buddy.

Don't quite think it's £50k but it won't be far short. Livi offered him £700 or so a week and we offered more. It's all well and good spending the money to go back up but it has to be done in the right way and if you bring the players in play them in the right way.

I spoke to a few Livi fans a few weeks ago and they couldn't believe how we had been playing him. He's not going to give you 90 mins anymore and even less so if he's being asked to chase long balls up against 6 foot 5 defenders. Every team, bar Ayr, would've loved to have Vaughan, Spence and Buchanan up top this season and the fact that we failed is due to poor management.

I want to take back my comments on Smith from Saturday night. A "pathetic human" was definitely the beer talking. I don't like him and I think he does have a level of contempt for the fans but I went overboard.

15 minutes ago, Dellvecchio said:

They lost nearly 3000 fans in a week and with reduced prices............. what does that say???

It says that 3000 turned up hoping to say they say they saw their local team win a title, only to fail to realise we had no idea how to break down an Alloa team with nothing to play for on the day. We then got pumped midweek. The two circumstances were exceptionally different. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

C'mon now Basher. We all know we're talking about the world of P&B and that was my point of reference. Its obvious  that the "vast majority" probably don't post on here, you silly Billy.

And if I don't know what I'm talking about then why would I appear to know more about Raith Rovers than actual Rovers fans?:blink:

Make your mind up buddy.

To be fair Stevo I ain’t talking about P and B I’m just stating fact that the Smith appointment was underwhelming amongst the Rovers support but you disagreed  because Pie and Bovril said otherwise. 

56 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
13 hours ago, FalkirkBuddie said:
Oh dear.....message to me from Ding Dang Doo...........Has to resort to bullying a schoolboy.. ....
Would you call me a wee keyboard warrior to my face? Don't fucking start things you ain't going to win wee boy.  

Bullying?!? Don't make me laugh. I asked a simple question. You've called me a "keyboard warrior", for which I asked you privately would you say that to my face...and now a bully cause I sent you a message. I tried to keep this private as I didn't want any kind of argument going public so it seems like you're the bully here.

^^^ absolutely shat it. 

Had a bit of time to reflect on Saturdays shambles. The hatred for Barry Smith is almost too hard for him to come back from. One thing that has to be said in his defence is that there is a question on whether his hands were tied to a degree through financial constraints from the BoD? How many players did he actually bring into the club? When he signed as manager there were already players who had been kept on by the club. Obviously he knew this when he took the job on but with what he did with a team of players who weren't his, I wonder what he could have achieved with his own players?

Signings: Buchanan, Spence, Murray, Furtado, Smith and Herron.

In hindsight Buchanan and Spence haven't hit the highs that we anticipated but still both managed to score double figures for the season. Smith was an emergency signing and although he made mistakes, I'd happy argue that he was better and stronger in goals than Lennox. Herron was poor from the start and Murray has been exceptional all season.

When you look at the players he was left with from the previous season then you have to wonder how many of them would have been there had he been given free reign to start fresh.

Just now, SuperHans said:

Had a bit of time to reflect on Saturdays shambles. The hatred for Barry Smith is almost too hard for him to come back from. One thing that has to be said in his defence is that there is a question on whether his hands were tied to a degree through financial constraints from the BoD? How many players did he actually bring into the club? When he signed as manager there were already players who had been kept on by the club. Obviously he knew this when he took the job on but with what he did with a team of players who weren't his, I wonder what he could have achieved with his own players?

Signings: Buchanan, Spence, Murray, Furtado, Smith and Herron.

In hindsight Buchanan and Spence haven't hit the highs that we anticipated but still both managed to score double figures for the season. Smith was an emergency signing and although he made mistakes, I'd happy argue that he was better and stronger in goals than Lennox. Herron was poor from the start and Murray has been exceptional all season.

When you look at the players he was left with from the previous season then you have to wonder how many of them would have been there had he been given free reign to start fresh.

Lennox has had some howlers but Smith is one of the worst goalkeepers I've seen at the club. 

Edited by CALDERON

Lennox has had some howlers but Smith is one of the worst goalkeepers I've seen at the club. 

I'd never consider him to be a great keeper for us. He'll be remembered for his howlers more than anything else but I'd say that his experience was missed when Lennox was in goals. I can't think of one occasion where Lennox pulled off a great save or did something that kept us in a game. Although he's made an arse of our playoffs against Alloa away, his clean sheet record at the club is impressive and he did make some very good saves that prevented us from conceding. The Airdrie away game that we drew 2-2 if I remember correctly he made some very good saves which ultimately saved us losing the game.

We have missed many things this season, Graham Smiths experience certainly isn't one of them.

Spilled shot at Shanklands feet at first Ayr game, tried to dribble past striker vs Albion, posted missing vs Forfar when had ample opportunity to come off his line leaving Davidson exposed, spilled shot straight to striker vs Airdrie, Passed to clearly injured Davidson vs Dumbarton, Flapped at cross vs Stranraer, Tried to dribble past striker (2) vs Alloa.

These are all incidents where he has directly caused or played a big part in us losing goals and in some cases points. Lennox hasn't looked great either, I don't really want either to stay, but Smith has been absolutely awful.

Criminal that we didn't even attempt to play the young lad Brian.

The Airdrie away game that we drew 2-2 if I remember correctly he made some very good saves which ultimately saved us losing the game.

Wasn’t that the game he cost us a goal by doing his usual thing of palming the ball almost straight out in front of him instead of putting it behind or away from the goals.

Some pals and I sat at the awards wake / dinner and on the back of a napkin, detailed who we'd keep and let go. The former was a short list and had neither Smith nor Lennox on it. I desperately wanted Lennox to be better than he was when he came back but found myself conflicted, actually preferring Smith. There was a period where we conceded very few goals indeed - coincidentally whilst MacKay was at CH. But his mistakes have been excruciating. My shopping list for club includes 2 keepers, 2 full backs, 3 midfielders and 3 strikers as a start. Add a manager and assistant. And a decent shop. We can discuss the rest.

We have missed many things this season, Graham Smiths experience certainly isn't one of them.
Spilled shot at Shanklands feet at first Ayr game, tried to dribble past striker vs Albion, posted missing vs Forfar when had ample opportunity to come off his line leaving Davidson exposed, spilled shot straight to striker vs Airdrie, Passed to clearly injured Davidson vs Dumbarton, Flapped at cross vs Stranraer, Tried to dribble past striker (2) vs Alloa.
These are all incidents where he has directly caused or played a big part in us losing goals and in some cases points. Lennox hasn't looked great either, I don't really want either to stay, but Smith has been absolutely awful.
Criminal that we didn't even attempt to play the young lad Brian.

I can't disagree with any of that. Ultimately when Smith was brought in, we were in a desperate position. Consistency is key for a goalkeeper and you could see the differences when they were swapped.

Back to my original point though; could Barry Smith have done more had he been given the opportunity to sign more of his own players?

I know for a fact that he asked for money to spend in January and was told no. Could that money have given us a player or players that could have made a difference this season? Who knows. I don't like the way we set up for a lot of the games this season but taking away the last couple of games against Alloa and we were effectively the width of the post away from being Champions. Can you honestly justify sacking a man who's managed that?

Just so we're clear, I'm not a fan of Barry Smith either. I'd happily see the back of him. All I'm trying to do is manage expectations. Like I was trying to do last year when everyone though Lionel Vaughan was going to get us promoted on his own then sign for PSG for £100m.

Barry Smith was tasked with promotion, and failed.

There were some fine margins, but sitting 8 points clear in February and being 2nd a month later is criminal. As is winning 15 from 18 home matches and not winning the league. Add into that a dreadful style of football, horrible tactics, limited substitutions and persistence on underperforming players then there is very little if any defence.

32 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I can't disagree with any of that. Ultimately when Smith was brought in, we were in a desperate position. Consistency is key for a goalkeeper and you could see the differences when they were swapped.

Back to my original point though; could Barry Smith have done more had he been given the opportunity to sign more of his own players?

I know for a fact that he asked for money to spend in January and was told no. Could that money have given us a player or players that could have made a difference this season? Who knows. I don't like the way we set up for a lot of the games this season but taking away the last couple of games against Alloa and we were effectively the width of the post away from being Champions. Can you honestly justify sacking a man who's managed that?

Just so we're clear, I'm not a fan of Barry Smith either. I'd happily see the back of him. All I'm trying to do is manage expectations. Like I was trying to do last year when everyone though Lionel Vaughan was going to get us promoted on his own then sign for PSG for £100m.

I am no fan of the board but I can’t blame them for not releasing money to sign another midfielder in January. Smith only has himself to blame for spending a large chunk of his budget on Spence and Buchanan and then not utilising them properly.

Add that to the fact he brought in Hendry at the start of January and then, for reasons known only to Barry Smith, didn’t play him until March. Why would the board give him money for another midfielder when he wouldn’t play the one they did give him money for?

Smith was left with a lot of players from last season but he has made 7 signings, more than enough to shape his own team and style. Also, the fact that out of those 7 signings only one can be deemed a clear success (Murray) puts yet another black mark against Smiths name.

Edited by R.R.FC

16 hours ago, FalkirkBuddie said:

3 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
16 hours ago, FalkirkBuddie said:

hahahahaha what a fucking loser you are m8