The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Ok so this talk about "it's real life"..

it's no sense. If I was that bad I'd be sacked and easily be sacked. End off. Calm down. Goodnight!

KennethWilliams.jpg

naw naw naw, who do you want COMING up from bottom tear for you useless fkn shower to play next season.

f**k knows. Really not paid attention to they playoffs or the teams in that division. So will find out how good or bad they are when we play them. Who is in the final?

I’ve got over it already. Aye it’s pish, but it’s the Rovers.  I’m surely not the only one who 100% knew we wouldn’t get promoted via the play-offs after last Saturday...
Unreal to think that up until today we were unbeaten in a league match at home and yet have managed to find ourselves relegated and then fail to get promoted within that time. Only the Rovers could achieve levels of shite. 
Im not bothered about teams fans coming on here either and having a pop. I wouldn’t be jumping on the bandwagon if the shoe was on the other foot, but I can see why folk do. Part and parcel of the game. Plus it’s a Scottish football forum. It would be utter pish if everyone was nicey nicey. It’s not in our nature to be like that. Getting it up folk is great. 
Our time will come. It is incredibly frustrating, especially after McGlynn had complete stabilised the club again after being in the doldrums for so long. But hey ho. As they cliché goes...
”There’s always next season...”

Well said Wardy, there’s always next season. Now I’m off to enjoy the Las Vegas sunshine and get ready for Peru V Scotland at the end of the month. More disappointment to come no doubt but those are my teams and I have no intention of supporting anyone else.

World Cup and Champions League wins are other fans problems.

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

f**k knows. Really not paid attention to they playoffs or the teams in that division. So will find out how good or bad they are when we play them. Who is in the final?

your job son

5 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Smith confirms what we all know about him....a pathetic manager and pathetic human. Holding out for a pay off. Have some respect for the club and fans and resign!

2 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Ok so this talk about "it's real life"..

it's no sense. If I was that bad I'd be sacked and easily be sacked. End off. Calm down. Goodnight!

If you were sacked then obviously you would be a "pathetic human", surely you would show some respect for employers and resign???

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
2 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

At a club like Raith it very much is the real world.

I read an article with your player Thomson and he said everyone is fighting for their futures at the club. He’s spot on. Those guys won’t be on grand wages and will have bills to pay.

Now that Raith are staying down most of them will be released which means they’ll have no income. You’d be gutted if you lost your job.

Now some of them will pick up new clubs but if you’ve had a crap season you could be waiting awhile for a new club to pick you up.

Buchanan is on £50k a year and he's been absolutely dire this season. The thought of the likes of him and Barr worrying about where their next wage is coming from is about the only thing keeping me going just now.

Unless you,ve seen his wage slips I think your talking shite

19 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Unless you,ve seen his wage slips I think your talking shite

I could believe some players are on salaries in that region, we were paying a part timer £450 a week 3 seasons ago and he wasn't remotely worth it.

Edited by ayrmad

If you are paying anybody and I mean anybody, 50 large to play football at the level and standard that is Scottish League One, then you deserve any and all of the resultant financial woes that will betide you, crazy stuff!!!

8 hours ago, SanStarko said:

The idea of fan loyalty is nice and everything, but football is meant to be entertainment.  How much entertainment do you really get from a Rovers game?  I bought my season ticket for next year when they had that super early bird offer.  So £240 for 18 Saturdays (and maybe a couple of pre-season friendlies) of dubious entertainment.   I've also recently bought a Odeon Limitless pass for the year, that cost less than my season ticket, will get used far more than my season ticket, and will give me far more entertainment than my season ticket will.

So, from an entertainment standpoint, if my money was tight and I could only have afforded one of those, it sure as hell wouldn't have been the season ticket, regardless of my loyalty to the club.

Jesus fucking christ.

We’ll see this week what Sim is about. He can either show some kind of ambition to get the club up or settle for allowing us to find our own level and consign us to a part time existence in the lower leagues.

We have had an odd collection of directors. I’m sure most of us wouldn’t have picked any of them. There is no collective drive to improve the club with no appetite to engage with the support and involve them in the real running of the club.

An amateur operation. Our ground and facilities, our merchandise retail and our efforts at attracting and then keeping sponsors are woeful. It all had to catch up with the board and the last two seasons are the result.

Last Saturday’s crowd shows there is still an interest in the club despite all this. Let’s hope we can get some decisive and positive action this week rather than an indication that the plan is to continue stumbling along as we have done this season.

It has been a terrible end to the season for Raith but to call the manager a pathetic human is out of order. Would you say that to his face? Would you hell. 

A wee keyboard warrior hiding behind your mummys apron strings no doubt. 

It is football. Not life or death. 

Edited by FalkirkBuddie

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Yep but on Monday the reality sinks in that we’re stuck in League 1 for at least one more season.

On the plus side you'll definitely win more games than you'll lose next season.

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Buchanan is on £50k a year and he's been absolutely dire this season. The thought of the likes of him and Barr worrying about where their next wage is coming from is about the only thing keeping me going just now.

This is utter bullshit, yes?

If Raith are paying anyone £50k a year in this league they have completely fucked it. 

We’ll see this week what Sim is about. He can either show some kind of ambition to get the club up or settle for allowing us to find our own level and consign us to a part time existence in the lower leagues.

I hope Sim has a bit more savvy than that. If full time football isn't going to allow us to run a safe financial operation, then I'd rather we didn't bother. It has nothing to do with ambition. If we tried it and it failed, he would be the first in the firing line.
I personally like the idea of the pt/ft hybrid system we had 10 years ago although I don't know how practical that will be now.