The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Whataboutery, got to love it!!!

As Angus has said, a few (not all) Raith fans on here with their heads firmly in the sand, people on here giving it the old "if he had any decency he'd resign" patter and the same time as giving their various excuses for not being able to afford a season ticket. The man has bills to pay and a family to look after as well, if you think he's going to walk from a well paid full-time job with no recompense and no money to carry him over, of his own violation, into the shifting world of unemployment, then your mind has definitely released all connections with reality!!!

You only have three choices;

1: You pay off the remaining year of his contract and thus reduce the playing budget for next season.

2: You go Part-Time but with a Full-Time manager.

3: You suck it up, go balls out and remain FT with Smith in place, where you either walk the league or implode in your own financial collapse if you don't.

But then again, perhaps your Chairman and Board had the the foresight to have clauses written in Smith's contract, to say he was out the door if you didn't go up or at the very least, that his terms of contract would be changed to that of being retained on a part-time basis for his remaining year, so good luck with that one!!!

There probably wasn't a said clause, hence the chairman has gone.

7 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Whataboutery, got to love it!!!

As Angus has said, a few (not all) Raith fans on here with their heads firmly in the sand, people on here giving it the old "if he had any decency he'd resign" patter and the same time as giving their various excuses for not being able to afford a season ticket. The man has bills to pay and a family to look after as well, if you think he's going to walk from a well paid full-time job with no recompense and no money to carry him over, of his own violation, into the shifting world of unemployment, then your mind has definitely released all connections with reality!!!

You only have three choices;

1: You pay off the remaining year of his contract and thus reduce the playing budget for next season.

2: You go Part-Time but with a Full-Time manager.

3: You suck it up, go balls out and remain FT with Smith in place, where you either walk the league or implode in your own financial collapse if you don't.

But then again, perhaps your Chairman and Board had the the foresight to have clauses written in Smith's contract, to say he was out the door if you didn't go up or at the very least, that his terms of contract would be changed to that of being retained on a part-time basis for his remaining year, so good luck with that one!!!

I'm sure Mr Sim will read and inwardly digest your wise words.

It's volition, by the way not violation. :lol:

Anyway, getting back on track, I guess I'm one of the few who hopes Davidson has played his last game for us. He's one of the main reasons we've played that long ball stuff almost every game. Now is the ideal time to build a new team around McKay, Watson, Berry and Stevenson. No room for the likes of Davidson, Thomson, Buchanan, Barr and Robertson. I'd keep Benedictus, Murray and Matthews and that would be about it. 

Losing the playoffs is a sore one, especially after such a close-run title race which was decided by fine margins.

This is exactly the reason why I was relieved that we won the league and avoided the playoffs. I wasn't confident that we would have fared much better than Raith over two legs against an organised and streetwise Alloa side.

Well done Alloa and commiserations to Raith fans. If you had a competent manager then maybe the events of the past few weeks would have panned out differently.

I'm sure Mr Sim will read and inwardly digest your wise words. It's volition, by the way not violation. :lol:

Anyway, getting back on track, I guess I'm one of the few who hopes Davidson has played his last game for us. He's one of the main reasons we've played that long ball stuff almost every game. Now is the ideal time to build a new team around McKay, Watson, Berry and Stevenson. No room for the likes of Davidson, Thomson, Buchanan, Barr and Robertson. I'd keep Benedictus, Murray and Matthews and that would be about it. 

Going to claim autocorrect on the phone on that one, but if that is the only point you were able to raise against what I said then I suppose I've got to thank you for taking your head out the sand (or was it your arse) long enough to do so!!![emoji6]

Eta: went back and changed it, just for you!!![emoji8]

Smith confirms what we all know about him....a pathetic manager and pathetic human. Holding out for a pay off. Have some respect for the club and fans and resign!

Why should he?

A pathetic human as he wants to keep his job to pay his mortgage?

Bizarre.

Why should he?

Bizarre.

IMG_3442.jpg

Just finished work to find out that Raith are in League One for another season, will be a sore one for the club and supporters but i'm sure you'll win it next year.

However noticed that your chairman Young has resigned, i know i'm not a supporter and don't know the ins and outs. From the outside though it just looks as if he's chosen the easy way out and been the first to jump off the sinking ship.

Do any Raith fans think that or you just wanting him gone as much as Smith?

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Just finished work to find out that Raith are in League One for another season, will be a sore one for the club and supporters but i'm sure you'll win it next year.

However noticed that your chairman Young has resigned, i know i'm not a supporter and don't know the ins and outs. From the outside though it just looks as if he's chosen the easy way out and been the first to jump off the sinking ship.

Just glad he has gone and that he won't be responsible for picking our next manager whenever that might be. 

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just to highlight the part in bold 

Got to say massive round of applause [emoji1376] to the Raith fans that applauded the Alloa players off the park... Respect [emoji1307]

Alloa played and were set up great for 3 games. Thoughouly deserved!

Why should he?

Bizarre.

The guy is a disgrace. He's so arrogant he couldn't even look at the fans at full time as he walked off. He got asked to apologize last week foe the fans and couldn't and instead walked away from an interview. The guy's a joke.

Having said that I know he won't go. He wants a pay off and the board are to blame for this.

The guy is a disgrace. He's so arrogant he couldn't even look at the fans at full time as he walked off. He got asked to apologize last week foe the fans and couldn't and instead walked away from an interview. The guy's a joke.  

Having said that I know he won't go. He wants a pay off and the board are to blame for this.

I'm pretty sure he's not looking for a pay off, just his legal right to have his contract honoured, whether it is in the form of a monthly salary or a one-off lump sum is up to your Board, not him!!!

I was one of the people who clapped the team off today as regardless of how shit the past couple of seasons have been for us as a club some of those players will be moving on. We have no idea if the likes of bene who has served us well will be here next season or not. Touch of class by him giving his arm band to a young fan also.

The Alloa team deserved their applause aswell. The better team over the two legs and I hope they go up due to family connections.

I'm pretty sure he's not looking for a pay off, just his legal right to have his contract honoured, whether it is in the form of a monthly salary or a one-off lump sum is up to your Board, not him!!!
I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to compensation etc. But the guy has admitted no responsibility to this season and should have the decency to walk away. I hate when fans through this "real world" argument. Since when has football been the real world?

"With no chairman now in place, and owner John Sim currently out the country, the club is effectively rudderless, although the Press understands a board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, where important discussions over the club's future will take place."

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/chairman-resigns-manager-future-uncertain-after-raith-play-off-exit-1-4735446

Edited by liam_barnett

5 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to compensation etc. But the guy has admitted no responsibility to this season and should have the decency to walk away. I hate when fans through this "real world" argument. Since when has football been the real world?

This conundrum was never addressed in Bohemian Rhapsody, perhaps we'll never know now.