The New Raith Rovers Thread

When will the highlights from Raith vs Alloa game yesterday be out? Be really interested to see them to see just how close it was.
In the first half Alloa had two efforts that had goal written all over them that somehow stayed out.
In the second half Thomson missed a sitter of a header inside the six yard box and then there was a huge scramble at the end where somehow nobody could force the ball over the line.
Most of our other efforts were shots from outside the box that forced some decent saves but none that you wouldn't expect a competent keeper to take care of.

The whole of yesterday was shambolic from the club and sums up exactly where the club is at. Everyone said open up the north stand and it took the club until 3.15 to do so. Folk queuing half an hour and getting told they had to go back and buy tickets. But so long as Young, Morgan, Penman and co can still in the directors box all suited and booted then it's ok.

On the pitch Barry Smith is probably the manager I've hated the most since I started watching the team 30 years ago. He hasn't got a clue. You could see yesterday after 10 mins what Alloa were going to do and we've seen it in the past that we don't have the set up to break teams down like that, especially with 2 boys up front under 5 foot 9. But no Barry knows best, makes 2 like for like subs, changes nothing, and waits until 88 mins to bring on an extra striker. The guy is hopeless and no matter if we go up or stay down the sooner he is away the better. To set up a team like that yesterday and have a complete lack of intensity is unforgivable.

Was going to come on here and gloat but having seen the decent posts from Raith fans and knowing how bad I felt this time last week, I definitely feel your pain. Similar issues as well trying to get local punters to come along more regularly rather than following two tedious teams from Glasgow.  I'm not sure it's in our interests having you guys win the playoffs but may the best team win.

Positives

We were unbeaten at home all season in the league.

Maybe this is the season we win the play offs.

If we do get promoted we have no danger of setting a record low points tally - 4 points is hard to beat. That record will stand for a while.

Negatives

I don’t recall one decent home performance.

Two more games against Alloa.

We were relegated by that Brechin team. Holy f**k, just how bad were we last season.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Positives

We were unbeaten at home all season in the league.

Maybe this is the season we win the play offs.

If we do get promoted we have no danger of setting a record low points tally - 4 points is hard to beat. That record will stand for a while.

Negatives

I don’t recall one decent home performance.

Two more games against Alloa.

We were relegated by that Brechin team. Holy f**k, just how bad were we last season.

When's the last time a side failed to win the league after going undefeated at home.

I stick to my thoughts on the play offs and believe that you guys thoroughly deserve to go up automatically given the gulf between the top 2 and 3rd and 4th, not to mention the fact that 2nd bottom in the league above are so far behind the pack.

However, my thoughts on that aside, I wish you all the best in the play offs and have got to say that your recent posts have shown a lot of class.

Best of luck guys.

I can’t believe we were a team playing in front of 4500  fans and that had one hand on the league trophy yet put in a performance like that!

Barry Smith the man appointed by the board to have us roaring back absolutely deluded, the mans no passion, has no game plan, stubborn to change things until it’s too late, His failure to have a go at teams when it matters. Boring boring boring.

Barrys remit is to get promotion    big big if

Promote youth development       McKay dropped for bene total disaster as he clearly wasn’t fit and he awards the managers young player of the year award to Lewis Vaughan

What do we do in training ? We had about 2 decent deliveries out of 10 into the box , come to think of it we are like that every week. I thought training was to practice on your weaknesses but I’m  sorry Vaughan is one of the biggest culprits to many balls wasted at set pieces.

Edited by basher brash

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Playoffs.

Us this the 5th time we've been involved?

Do you get away goals?

Yes, this is our 5th play off "adventure", away goals don't count.

IIRC correctly its went like this so far

Raith Rovers 0  - Stirling 0

Stirling 3- Raith Rovers 1

Raith Rovers 0 Airdrie 2

Airdrie 2 Raith Rovers 2

Raith Rovers 1 Hibs 0

Hibs 2 Raith Rovers 0

Brechin 1 Raith Rovers 1

Raith Rovers 3 Brechin 3

Played 8, Won 1, Drew 4,  Lost 3

Confidence is not high!

4 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

There were no highlights (from a Raith perspective). It was brutal from the first minute to 90.

Based on yesterday Alloa are now the favorites in the semi final.

The only positive i can take is that next Saturday I'll be able to reclaim my regular seat, because there is no way 4,500 are going to want to watch that tosh again.

Only positive I can take is I really enjoyed our new seats  at least for shooting towards the South. Given the usual number of folk that show up I think I'll be moving there for shooting that way from now on.