The New Raith Rovers Thread

58 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Not really, that's the club saying they're back not some dafty on here, ill advised and not required IMHO.

'Sake min! 

Everyone at the club is well aware of how much a threat Alloa pose. We're simply elated to have our destiny back in our own hands. 

No complacency to be seen here. 

Aye, I don't see the harm. It made me laugh. The club had very conspicuously retired the "#roaringback" tagline a few weeks ago, and this is its public return.

Of course they'll look a little silly if we don't get promoted, but frankly, that'll be the least of anyone's worries.

If its retweets and shares get one more person into the ground on Saturday, it's done its job.

There is no way that video can be interpreted as saying we’ve won the league, it just suggests that something we all thought had gone is back as a possibility.  Which it clearly is. 

If we mess up on Saturday then this tongue in cheek video will have nothing to do with it and will frankly be the least of our worries. 

Anyone thinking that video says that equates to us celebrating the league needs to settle down a bit. The club set a stall at the start of the season. They've used #roaringback since the first week. We've been ripped at various points for it too. It's a subtle dig at fans like myself who gave up hope.  Even non-Rovers fans like Jimmy get it! 

f**k sake it's  a wee bit of banter from the club to their own fans. Raised a smile nothing more nothing less. There aren't many if any raith fans who believe this is all done and dusted we're all too long in the tooth and suffered our fair share of heartache.

For f**k sake we got relegated by a team that hasn't managed a win all season.

This was been some run in its almost like the last time out in this division where Ayr beat us and we just kept getting points until they fell flat on their face at the end and rovers won the title.

For what it's worth I want both teams to go up they've been neck and neck all season and miles in front if everyone else.

Edited by pub car king
Fucktardedness

I think it was too subtle! Get the hype built and go for it. The nervousness around us all is unbelievable. Smiths been here before with Dundee and our players are good enough to get us over the line.

Embrace it and enjoy it. This week has the potential to be something that generations of Raith fans have never witnessed and might not witness again for a long time. Sitting shitting ourselves won't capture their imagination.

4 hours ago, Oor Willis said:

Anyone thinking that video says that equates to us celebrating the league needs to settle down a bit. The club set a stall at the start of the season. They've used #roaringback since the first week. We've been ripped at various points for it too. It's a subtle dig at fans like myself who gave up hope.  Even non-Rovers fans like Jimmy get it! 

Exactly , what a fuss er nothing , if anything he should be bringing out the TCP......   good for wasp stings  :P

Just now, SuperHans said:

I think it was too subtle! Get the hype built and go for it. The nervousness around us all is unbelievable. Smiths been here before with Dundee and our players are good enough to get us over the line.

Embrace it and enjoy it. This week has the potential to be something that generations of Raith fans have never witnessed and might not witness again for a long time. Sitting shitting ourselves won't capture their imagination.

When has Smith been in this position with Dundee?

Edited by CALDERON

11 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Was there not scrapping behind the goals in the 1st half ?

Don't know, I was at the other end eating pies.

I just keep thinking back to when I was walking out the Excelsior only 2 weeks ago, staring at my phone on the way back to the car and seeing it turn to full time with Arbroath 1 - Raith 1. I can’t believe where things are now.

You guys must be half in shock and half in disbelief that you’re actually going to the last home game of your season to watch your team lift the trophy. 

Just still can’t believe it.

Edited by Calayrdonia