The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'll be delighted aswell oor Willis but Ayr have had their own set backs with injuries etc aswell. It's worth remembering our defence got worse when mckay was dropped. Berry played very well against the championship winners. I said it at the time Brian should never have been dropped after his couple of games for Smith. He played very well for a youngster.

Its all ifs and buts really but its the same sentiment. We're just glad it's coming down to the last game rather than being over by now.

Come on to f**k...? Get excited!! We've got more than enough to get through Saturday and moaning about how poor we've been to get to into this situation is pointless.

The squad is the fittest it's been since the start of the season, we've had one of our best performances of the second half of the season yesterday and we feel invincible at home. Nothing throughout the season matters now, a poor performance at Albion Rovers or losing away to Forfar means f**k all. It's all about 1 game and 3 points.

Come on to f**k...? Get excited!! We've got more than enough to get through Saturday and moaning about how poor we've been to get to into this situation is pointless.

The squad is the fittest it's been since the start of the season, we've had one of our best performances of the second half of the season yesterday and we feel invincible at home. Nothing throughout the season matters now, a poor performance at Albion Rovers or losing away to Forfar means f**k all. It's all about 1 game and 3 points.

Shut up Martin .

I’m happy to put everything that’s happened thus far this season behind me and just put absolutely everything into Saturday. f**k the fact we’ve been not very good, win on Saturday and all is forgotten and forgiven. Long week at work coming up!

I’m happy to put everything that’s happened thus far this season behind me and just put absolutely everything into Saturday. f**k the fact we’ve been not very good, win on Saturday and all is forgotten and forgiven. Long week at work coming up!

Exactly! Although the product on the pitch hasn't been great, we've got ourselves in this position by continually grinding down teams. Albion Rovers at home was a classic example of that. Wasn't pretty but we got the job done. Same again on Saturday and this time next year we'll be up to the Premiership...

A massive opportunity on Saturday, and one that few thought we would get a couple of weeks back.

From the clubs point of view, they need to get out in the community all week encouraging folk to get along and back the team on Saturday! If we can't get 3,500-4,000 through the gates as a minimum on Saturday there is something far wrong. If that means giving kids cheap tickets, allowing ST holders to bring someone along, or even dropping the prices to a tenner, it will be worth it in the long run!

Absolutely mental that you boys could win the league on the last day. Always thought it'd be a strange sort of season long shoot out between Shankland/Moff and Vaughan/Spence.

If it's more tears for McCall then fair play, wee team. Fair play.

You all still wanting Barry Smith sacked after receiving the trophy on Saturday then?

He had 1 job to do and on Saturday he should achieve it. If he achieves it then he stays as manager for the remainder of his contract and depending on how well we do next season will determine if he stays with us I'd imagine.

He's not won as many manager of the months as Ian McCall which is a shame...

Hoping you guys can win your league.  If we fail to go up (I doubt we will make it) I look forward to our encounters again. 

RRFC, is our real derby game and not that mob from Grangemouth. 

Best of luck guys, here hoping that at least one of our teams are still in a place to pump those Fife hating, six fingered, rat eating, burn water drinking, soap dodging,   incestuous, unwashed, bawbags. 

2 minutes ago, P475 said:

Hoping you guys can win your league.  If we fail to go up (I doubt we will make it) I look forward to our encounters again. 

RRFC, is our real derby game and not that mob from Grangemouth. 

Best of luck guys, here hoping that at least one of our teams are still in a place to pump those Fife hating, six fingered, rat eating, burn water drinking, soap dodging,   incestuous, unwashed, bawbags. 

Might have picked up the wrong vibe but I don't think P475 likes Falkirk. 

Understandable. I was surprised to hear the more earthy elements of the Falkirk support singing that they hate Fifers. My kids are Fifers! What have my kids done to them? Despicable.

Surely Falkirk fans could pick a more convenient area of Scotland to hate. West Lothian perhaps? We hate West-Lothianers doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, but still.

He had 1 job to do and on Saturday he should achieve it. If he achieves it then he stays as manager for the remainder of his contract and depending on how well we do next season will determine if he stays with us I'd imagine.

Pretty much. Can’t say I have much faith in Barry on this season’s showing in building us a team to complete in a what could well be a fully full time Championship but I guess if we do go up we’ll just have to see (and hope for the best)

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Oh dear! I didn't think it was so obvious.

its out there now I suppose, no chance of hiding it anymore. :shutup