The New Raith Rovers Thread

There’s no way you guys are dropping points next week. With Alloa having a game on the Tuesday, they’ll have half a team out - at best.

That’s what worries me, this season when everything looks like it’s going well we’ve both fucked it up. Hope we get the result on Saturday but both Ayr and Rovers probably deserve promotion.

I'm going to be that guy and say I think we have underachieved this season. 8 points clear, the league should never have been going down to the final game. We've also been poor in the cups.

In saying all that, all that matters is promotion. It will be classed as a successful season as long as that happens!

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

I'm going to be that guy and say I think we have underachieved this season. 8 points clear, the league should never have been going down to the final game. We've also been poor in the cups.

In saying all that, all that matters is promotion. It will be classed as a successful season as long as that happens!

I get where you're coming from, but at the same time it's worth remembering the squad we've had to put out at times this season. Dave McKay came in and played about half the season for us at centre back and was excellent. Jamie Watson came in and looked solid at right back.  Rory Brian played fine against Forfar and arguably could've had more games and James Berry has came on more than a few times as a sub.   Benedictus, Robertson, McHattie, Thomson, Davo and Lennox all had injuries which kept them out for varying periods of time.  

Some of the results, particularly away from home have been poor. But at the same time, to get to the final day a point ahead, when we were five points behind a few weeks ago is still ridiculous. Given our position, I'll be delighted if we win the league. 

I'll be delighted aswell oor Willis but Ayr have had their own set backs with injuries etc aswell. It's worth remembering our defence got worse when mckay was dropped. Berry played very well against the championship winners. I said it at the time Brian should never have been dropped after his couple of games for Smith. He played very well for a youngster.

Its all ifs and buts really but its the same sentiment. We're just glad it's coming down to the last game rather than being over by now.

Errrr em naw ! we are not playing on tuesday ..doh!
I'm assuming he means the Tuesday after.

Either way, you've got a handy squad with players who will be playing for places in the play offs. This is going to be a tough test for us regardless.

That said though, I'm just stunned and delighted that we've somehow ended up in this position.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm assuming he means the Tuesday after.

Either way, you've got a handy squad with players who will be playing for places in the play offs. This is going to be a tough test for us regardless.

That said though, I'm just stunned and delighted that we've somehow ended up in this position.

Hha ok get it now its been a long exciting day, especially after this "other big event in Alloa today