The New Raith Rovers Thread

I haven't seen the Shankland incident. 
Was it a certain red card offence? 

Absolutely no doubt about it in my eyes. There was a bit discussion about it on the Ayr v Stranraer game thread but the only ones who thought it wasn’t a red were a handful or Ayr fans. He glances up to see where his opponents is before the ball comes down, he then jumps a good yard past where the ball would land and catches the Stranraer defender flush in the face with the elbow. Definitely meant it, don’t think there’ll be any way to explain it away.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Absolutely no doubt about it in my eyes. There was a bit discussion about it on the Ayr v Stranraer game thread but the only ones who thought it wasn’t a red were a handful or Ayr fans. He glances up to see where his opponents is before the ball comes down, he then jumps a good yard past where the ball would land and catches the Stranraer defender flush in the face with the elbow. Definitely meant it, don’t think there’ll be any way to explain it away.

What a load of utter shite. The worst thing about that waffling, is that you’ve actually convinced yourself there’s any truth in it.

He knew were the Stranraer player was and made no attempt to win the ball as he clearly jumps well after the ball is played to him . Listened to Ian McCalls post match interview and couldn’t believe it was a red I’m sorry he got away with the Mathews stamp so it might be Karma biting back. 

Edited by basher brash

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

He knew were the Stranraer player was and made no attempt to win the ball as he clearly jumps well after the ball is played to him . Listened to Ian McCalls post match interview and couldn’t believe it was a red I’m sorry he got away with the Mathews stamp so it might be Karma biting back. 

It actually won't surprise me if it's downgraded.

That wasn't aimed at you, it was for SuperHans. [emoji4]

Cheers pal, I know I can be a dick at times. It’s not personal. I’ll try to be less negative, we all hope we can win this. But if it’s the play offs so be it. We just need to go for it.

It's not a great angle, hard to tell either way.  Wouldn't imagine there's enough there to go against the referee, who had the best view of anyone other than Itzdrk.

Last minute Shankland goal to win the title on Sun now....

1 hour ago, Growl3th said:

Wouldn't surprise me either. Didn't look like a red to me.

Aye, but the appeal relies on the ref admitting he got it wrong. Now and again you might get a case where the ref could claim back some wiggle room by citing an obstructed view. This guy was staring right at it and didn't hesitate as far as I could see. Seems unlikely to want to change his mind in those circumstances.

Aye, but the appeal relies on the ref admitting he got it wrong. Now and again you might get a case where the ref could claim back some wiggle room by citing an obstructed view. This guy was staring right at it and didn't hesitate as far as I could see. Seems unlikely to want to change his mind in those circumstances.

Does it?

I didn’t think the referee had anything to do with it. Given how pig headed so many are I don’t imagine there would be many successful appeals.

Is the entire point of an appeal not an alternative view?

"It’s a reasonable amount of money and I think it’s clear that a deal like this would never have happened if David Bates was still here."

Laughable from Young. It was never selling Bates that pissed folk off, it was the absence of a fee for for doing so. Well, that and Scott fucking Roberts. 

Edited by Michael W