The New Raith Rovers Thread

Folk turn up to watch a team play for 90 minutes though. That sort of performance today was one we have seen at least a dozen times this season and it's the reason we're 20 goals worse off than Ayr.

The fact we were 2-0 up and had the crowd booing the players says it all.

Booing when 2-0 up says more about the fans to be honest.

Possibly but we are so frustrating to watch. Mucking about with the ball in the corner at home to Queen's Park, and other sides, is a total nonsense. Smith basically sucks the enjoyment out of it all with the way he has them playing.

Possibly but we are so frustrating to watch. Mucking about with the ball in the corner at home to Queen's Park, and other sides, is a total nonsense. Smith basically sucks the enjoyment out of it all with the way he has them playing.

I totally agree, there’s been fairly slim pickings when it comes to enjoyable performances this season and it’s been a grim watch for the vast majority of the campaign.

Any grown man booing at 2-0 up is unquestionably a giant VL though.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

From where I was sitting it was a fair number that were booing as well and it tells you that were utter gut rot to watch irrrespective of the score

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Fair play to them then, I’m sure that’ll help them play better next week.

TBF it would only be the more upwardly mobile amongst us who will travel to Stranraer next week to boo, this should help greatly.

Overall the players' attitude as well as standard of play has been pish.  There's been a serious lack of application in games for most of the season, and has resulted in numerous unnecessary lost points to teams like Forfar Stranraer Albion Rovers and even Peterhead in the Cup,  and has taken hundreds off home crowds.

We can only hope Ayr slip up at Alloa, and we grind out a wee 1-0 at Stranraer. If we can just defend the odd set piece that’ll be dandy. The play offs aren’t the end of the world. We’ll just need to muster every last bit of energy to get past that last hurdle. COYR.

7 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I haven’t booed for a long time, probably because I’m an adult, but I may have been tempted if I’d went to Balmoor.

A straightforward win at home to Queen’s Park when we’ve reduced the lead at the top to two points however. No.

I think you should use your next boo to boo the booers.

The booing was for a second half of lack of application, going through the motions, an attitude that has cost us dear this season in both results and crowds. The difference between us and Ayr is that there's an intensity  to their play  which we lack.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

We can only hope Ayr slip up at Alloa, and we grind out a wee 1-0 at Stranraer. If we can just defend the odd set piece that’ll be dandy. The play offs aren’t the end of the world. We’ll just need to muster every last bit of energy to get past that last hurdle. COYR.

I don't like to be pessimistic but we have never won a single play off game!