The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's impressive how Gary Locke and those responsible for his appointment are still managing to f**k you over all this time later.

No doubt Eric Drysdale will be making a statement expressing his disappointment that Hamburg have chosen to make the deal public.

Gives me a warm feeling inside that we’ve developed these players for Hearts and Rangers (and now Hamburg). Would have been nice to get some money but that sort of stuff is just for the likes of Falkirk and Livi and Accies.

It's impressive how Gary Locke and those responsible for his appointment are still managing to f**k you over all this time later. No doubt Eric Drysdale will be making a statement expressing his disappointment that Hamburg have chosen to make the deal public.

Eric is away, thank f**k. The other clowns: Alan Young, Tom Morgan etc... aye still fucking us over.

It’s not just the board it’s the other employees too. Only part of he club run well is Raith TV.

Realistically who is gonna pay big money for Vaughan? How is Young still at this club fucking unbelievable!

40K and he’s yours. Think somebody upper Championship or lower Prem (at a push) might take a chance.

I doubt if there is another club in the world who would agree to transfer an up and coming youngster to the second biggest club in their country, and then see him move to a Bundesliga side within 18 months, and not pocket a penny from it. What a club eh?

I doubt if there is another club in the world who would agree to transfer an up and coming youngster to the second biggest club in their country, and then see him move to a Bundesliga side within 18 months, and not pocket a penny from it. What a club eh?

Bates wasn’t even playing at you regularly was he? I’m pretty sure we tried to get him on loan, then a few month later he rocked up to Rangers.

Some agent.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bates wasn’t even playing at you regularly was he? I’m pretty sure we tried to get him on loan, then a few month later he rocked up to Rangers.

Some agent.

He played about 10 games or so and was used as injury cover.  One of those games was against Rangers where he absolutely owned Kenny Miller which is probably where he got his move.

Some agent.
He broke through during an injury crisis when McKinnon was in charge and did well but lost his place once everyone was fully fit. Then he joined The Rangers on loan at the start of the next season. He looked a pretty good prospect for us but I can't imagine many people saw him getting a regular game at The Rangers let alone end up at the likes of Hamburg.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Callachan’s move to Hearts cost the same as my brothers move to Celtic....

Is your brother not the media bloke or am I thinking of someone else?

Not wanting to kick a man when he's down and all that but what did you get for Callaghan and Bates?

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Is your brother not the media bloke or am I thinking of someone else?

Not wanting to kick a man when he's down and all that but what did you get for Callaghan and Bates?

Roughly the same as what Jack got for the family prize cow when he took it to the market.

This will continue to happen for as long as big decisions at our club are being made by folk with (a) no football experience, and (b) no true business experience. How Young is still at our club is a disgrace. He's been involved in countless poor decisions now which have taken us from an established championship club to one that could find itself part time next season. At the same time we have let any promising youth player leave for less the cost of match day ticket. It's an absolute shambles.

I remember hearing a few years ago Tom Morgan in the novar talking about how a few English clubs were interested some our youth, in particular Callachan. However I'm sure Rochdale were also looking at Laidlaw and he basically said if we got offered anything we'd bite their hand off whilst pissing ourselves laughing at the same time. That's the attitude to our youth team. We let Laidlaw go without even offering him a contract. I recall St Mirren were resigned to losing McGinn in 2015 but they offered him a deal which at least meant they got a development fee.

The club is being run shambolicly just now from top to bottom and I include the inept Barry Smith in this. Saturday could easily see our lowest home Saturday attendance of all season and who can blame fans for not turning up having to watch the absolute cross tactics and style.

The board are hopeless at picking managers.  They sometimes get lucky, like with McKinnon - its the law of averages, not knowledge of the game. When Smith eventually jumps or is pushed he's almost certainly  going to be replaced by another duffer.

I can only assume the ‘football people’ they consult in their search is a mr R. sparkes

25 minutes ago, donny86 said:

I can only assume the ‘football people’ they consult in their search is a mr R. sparkes

My Spanish isn't great, but I think there's something in here about a Raymumdo Sparkos sorting out a move to the Rovers.

_20180412_213056.JPG